+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dominic Raab new Brexit secretary

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    no it's ginger cake! That's me red carded!!! Glad, i also said cake not tart as would have had mrs carolgees on here giving it crap too!!!

Dominic Raab, sounds German 😳😎.

WTF! What's Newcastle got to do with the price of baked beans! I do bulk purchasing in countries like China and South America because it costs peanuts compared to the UK/EU. The labour also costs peanuts which is why most companies including the lovely Amazon have call centres in the likes of the Philippines. Do you really think, we would not pull off some cracking trade deals without the shackles of the EU - I do!

Don't tell me you like the excuse for a party called the Lib Dems - I would rather vote for the raving lunies!

Get rid of May and bring in a strong person to deliver what the majority wanted - to leave! Personally, I don't give two hoots but do believe in democracy and not excuses. As for those who lied - correct me if wrong, was it not the little toad who promised to wipe out university fees!!! Thing is when you promise something like this you have to be educated enough to know where the cash is coming from to pay for it...............
    That's called an analogy.

Try looking at where China or South America is on a map. And compare that to Europe. China is about 35 days by boat port to port. Plus customs. Plus collection and delivery.

Now look at Germany or France on a map. Most areas are 48hours by truck. No customs or trade barriers.

And I think we would negotiate better trade deals with these countries being in the EU than not in the EU. We have more bargaining power in a trading bloc with a population and combined wealth of 465m than the UK's population of 65m.

If you vote Tory or UKIP you already are voting raving loonies!

Just remember - "Strong and Stable"

The problem with brexit is that politicians got a nvolved

Quote Originally Posted by Wick5y View Post
    The problem with brexit is that politicians got a nvolved
    Nothing wrong with volvos mate, my first car was a solid 340.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    That's called an analogy.

Try looking at where China or South America is on a map. And compare that to Europe. China is about 35 days by boat port to port. Plus customs. Plus collection and delivery.

Now look at Germany or France on a map. Most areas are 48hours by truck. No customs or trade barriers.

And I think we would negotiate better trade deals with these countries being in the EU than not in the EU. We have more bargaining power in a trading bloc with a population and combined wealth of 465m than the UK's population of 65m.

If you vote Tory or UKIP you already are voting raving loonies!

Just remember - "Strong and Stable"

Only a feckin idiot would pay 10 times more to get the product in the UK/EU as opposed to waiting for a container to come in from China etc which can be done in 28 days. You mention Germany but I know two huge manufacturers there who purchase their stock from China then sell it wholesale to the rest of the EU at greatly inflated prices.

Do you really think huge companies such as Walmart or the John Lewis group buy their bulk of furniture/toys/textiles/clothes from the EU? Do they hell!

Only a feckin idiot would pay 10 times more to get the product in the UK/EU as opposed to waiting for a container to come in from China etc which can be done in 28 days. You mention Germany but I know two huge manufacturers there who purchase their stock from China then sell it wholesale to the rest of the EU at greatly inflated prices.

Do you really think huge companies such as Walmart or the John Lewis group buy their bulk of furniture/toys/textiles/clothes from the EU? Do they hell!
    I don't get your viewpoint. You are already importing from China, what extra benefit are you hoping to achieve by leaving the EU? Perhaps an extra day with relaxed customs? Otherwise the transit time will stay the same and so will the transport cost. Anything else? How will it make your life better?

A UK-China FTA wouldn't come into effect for years in any case (at least a decade in my opinion). The EU have professional Trade negotiators (Or 'unelected bureaucrats' as the Daily Mail like to call them) and they have been in negotiations since 2013 with China for an EU-China FTA. Why would China prioritise a FTA with us over the EU? Anyone who knows anything about trade knows it will take a minimum of 5 years for a comprehensive trade deal with a large trading country/bloc, all of whom know we will be desperate after Brexit.

Are we going to replace Spanish fruits or French wines or German cars and buy these products in China instead? I can't see it...we don't buy from the EU from the goodness of our heart but because we actually want their products.

What about the automotive industry which employs 800k UK workers directly and indirectly and relies on JiT logistics around the EU. What about the pharmaceutical industry which is largely based in the UK. Both industries are waiting on what type of Brexit we will get before making further plans or investment. What about London's financial services industry which generates £120b per year for the UK? Why are we putting these industries at risk? What tangible benefit are we going to get?

Nobody seems to care that the financial services industry makes up 6.5% of our GDP, but the fishing industry makes up 0.12% and gets all kind of media attention. WTF is going on??

You've already said you are importing from China. So how does the EU stop or hinder you from trading with non EU countries?

Genuinely, I'm interested to know.

I don't get your viewpoint. You are already importing from China, what extra benefit are you hoping to achieve by leaving the EU? Perhaps an extra day with relaxed customs? Otherwise the transit time will stay the same and so will the transport cost. Anything else? How will it make your life better?

A UK-China FTA wouldn't come into effect for years in any case (at least a decade in my opinion). The EU have professional Trade negotiators (Or 'unelected bureaucrats' as the Daily Mail like to call them) and they have been in negotiations since 2013 with China for an EU-China FTA. Why would China prioritise a FTA with us over the EU? Anyone who knows anything about trade knows it will take a minimum of 5 years for a comprehensive trade deal with a large trading country/bloc, all of whom know we will be desperate after Brexit.

Are we going to replace Spanish fruits or French wines or German cars and buy these products in China instead? I can't see it...we don't buy from the EU from the goodness of our heart but because we actually want their products.

What about the automotive industry which employs 800k UK workers directly and indirectly and relies on JiT logistics around the EU. What about the pharmaceutical industry which is largely based in the UK. Both industries are waiting on what type of Brexit we will get before making further plans or investment. What about London's financial services industry which generates £120b per year for the UK? Why are we putting these industries at risk? What tangible benefit are we going to get?

Nobody seems to care that the financial services industry makes up 6.5% of our GDP, but the fishing industry makes up 0.12% and gets all kind of media attention. WTF is going on??

You've already said you are importing from China. So how does the EU stop or hinder you from trading with non EU countries?

Genuinely, I'm interested to know.
    a friend of mine,was in America on holiday in Las Vegas,he’s a bit of a golfer he visited a golf shop there.looking round he spotted some clubs or whatever I’ve got no interest in golf.the items he wanted were £499 in the uk.they charged him with shipping as they call it.$220 when he got home they were delivered 2days later.and guess what made in China.

Quote Originally Posted by albion68 View Post
    a friend of mine,was in America on holiday in Las Vegas,he’s a bit of a golfer he visited a golf shop there.looking round he spotted some clubs or whatever I’ve got no interest in golf.the items he wanted were £499 in the uk.they charged him with shipping as they call it.$220 when he got home they were delivered 2days later.and guess what made in China.

There is absolutely going to be better value for some items bought or sold outside of the EU. My point is, the EU doesn't stop us from buying/selling these products. We have the option to buy or sell wherever we want to right now, without Brexit.

My point is we will have competitive advantages by staying in the EU. This isn't an example of what can be done if we leave, because he bought these golf clubs whilst we are still a member of the EU.

There is absolutely going to be better value for some items bought or sold outside of the EU. My point is, the EU doesn't stop us from buying/selling these products. We have the option to buy or sell wherever we want to right now, without Brexit.

My point is we will have competitive advantages by staying in the EU. This isn't an example of what can be done if we leave, because he bought these golf clubs whilst we are still a member of the EU.
    I know that ,it’s like what baggieal was saying you can buy goods cheaper outside the eu.i personally think they hold us back. airbus are joke.been threatening to leave the uk for years and reallocate to we’re yes China.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)