+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cork City V The Clarets

Quote Originally Posted by SELDOM_SEEN_KID View Post
    Has anyone plans to come over? Any pubs pre or post match.
    Had a good trip to Dublin a couple of years back with excursions to Newgrange and Dun Laoghaire. Won’t be able to get over for the Cork game but I am sure there will be Clarets there.

Quote Originally Posted by willyeck View Post
    Apologies if ive missed it on another thread,but what system would you suggest for games where the allocation is low and demand high.
    First up, best dressed! Simples! Example: 2030 tickets go on sale. Half for sale on line, other half by queueing at the Ticket Office. One ticket per season ticket holder. When they have gone, they are gone! No more uber fan bollox, no more keeping it with the same privileged few, every Burnley fan has at least a chance of seeing their team play away. Seems fair to me!

So I guess none of you give a **** about the question in the thread..
    Cool
    Sorry kid, your question seems simple enough but there are an awful lot of games between now and the EPL kick off and how the club are handling away ticket sales is vexing me to the point of distraction at the moment.

Fantastic place to visit though is Cork and the local people are probably the friendliest on the planet!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    First up, best dressed! Simples! Example: 2030 tickets go on sale. Half for sale on line, other half by queueing at the Ticket Office. One ticket per season ticket holder. When they have gone, they are gone! No more uber fan bollox, no more keeping it with the same privileged few, every Burnley fan has at least a chance of seeing their team play away. Seems fair to me!
    That's the strangest suggestion I've heard throughout the whole points discussion... Is it for every game, or just the big ones?

Quote Originally Posted by willyeck View Post
    That's the strangest suggestion I've heard throughout the whole points discussion... Is it for every game, or just the big ones?
    Every away game, no exceptions!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Every away game, no exceptions!
    Wow, you're serious aren't you? Would never work on so many levels..... If you think people are moaning about Aberdeen, wait till this was brought in😂😂😂😂😂

Why on earth not? I bought a lottery ticket this morning, I've has much chance of anyone else of winning it?

Why do football clubs think it's OK to develop an uber fan elite? Season ticket holders should all have equal access to the benefits of being a season ticket holder.

I have a ton of loyalty points, my son doesn't, I can go to away games, he can't, yet we are both season ticket holders. It's bollox!

Thousands of fans are unable to attend turf Moor to queue up, so that's half the tickets unavailable to me
    Could you buy tickets for others as long as you had their details... If so one person could get 100,another one 50 and before you know it you're stood in a queue but with no tickets left
    If you can only buy one how do groups of friends sit together, even your son would have to queue up with you. I could go on.....
    The season ticket is for home games, therefore you have the same benefits for home games as any other season ticket holder
    I've had a season ticket every year since before the points system, with away games iam somewhere over 6000 points, so the only way someone could get more points than me is to go to a heck of a lot more away games than I have, and as such they deserve the chance to get high interest away game tickets before me.

So I guess none of you give a **** about the question in the thread..
    Cool
    Sadly I guess it means none of us will be coming for a variety of reasons. My family has links to Clonakilty ( sadly not Fords) and Cork so it would have been fun to come back again. Cork the only place I lost my car as I knew it was near the river, only to find there were two rivers.
    Hope it’s a good game and there is a good Claret following. I think one of our directors bought fans pints last time we were there. Not aware of a repeat yet.

Such a shame I would put you curmudgeonly lot up in the guest rooms lol.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)