+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sent off for celebrating

Sent off for celebrating

Has this ever happened to a Notts player?

Video at the link shows 10 class examples......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1EU8K0fhho

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Has this ever happened to a Notts player?

Video at the link shows 10 class examples......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1EU8K0fhho
    When was the last time we had anything for a player to celebrate?

Some of these players deserve a straight red for stupidity as they'd already been booked.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladpie View Post
    When was the last time we had anything for a player to celebrate?

Some of these players deserve a straight red for stupidity as they'd already been booked.
    They know what will happen to them if they rip their shirt off don`t they? For how many years has THAT been a yellow card? Some of these footballers think that their rehearsed celebration is entertaining. See that idiot who dropped his shorts? And the one who put his shorts on his head? They show more than their ar$es, him and the idiot who jumped into the stands to applaud himself show why many non-football people think footballers are a thick lot.

Nowt wrong with dropping yer shorts - particularly if the offending @rse is pointed in the ref's direction.

If it was good enough for Brian Stubbsthen it's good enough for me.

Anyone spotted celebrating a goal, should get an immediate red card....simple.....totally unsporting, absolute disgrace.

In the new Liberal-left world, the underdogs need to be applauded....not the winners, the elite.

There you go Notts and BigAl, I've solved the problem.....give every team a 3 goal start.....then it's 11 v 8 second half....simples

I want a free pie BigAl as a reward....unless someone else has explained my game-plan earlier and has stolen my Pukka?......Oi Sheridan, give me my pie!!

Anyone spotted celebrating a goal, should get an immediate red card....simple.....totally unsporting, absolute disgrace.

In the new Liberal-left world, the underdogs need to be applauded....not the winners, the elite.

There you go Notts and BigAl, I've solved the problem.....give every team a 3 goal start.....then it's 11 v 8 second half....simples

I want a free pie BigAl as a reward....unless someone else has explained my game-plan earlier and has stolen my Pukka?......Oi Sheridan, give me my pie!!

PS I posted this twice....I need to increase my post count

The NFL try and clamp down on celebrations and some of it is pathetic, it's why a lot of people call it the No Fun League, players have dedicated their lives to get to where they are and if they want to celebrate let them imo.

Having said that, most of these are second yellow where the player has done something that is a known booking which is obviously their own fault.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspie View Post
    Nowt wrong with dropping yer shorts - particularly if the offending @rse is pointed in the ref's direction.

If it was good enough for Brian Stubbsthen it's good enough for me.
    I remember the game where Stubby was sent off for dropping his shorts to the ref. He then tried to claim the elastic had broken!

There's a difference I think when a player scores a 95th minute winner and takes his shirt off on impulse and when it's a pre-planned goal celebration.

I can't see it's a problem tbh as long as it's not to display something which may be inflammatory written on a shirt underneath.

Anyone remember Gazza playing the pipes to Celtic fans after scoring for Rangers? Can't remember if he got sent off or not?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast