+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Owd Chien dismantaling OGC Nice team

Owd Chien dismantaling OGC Nice team

The removal of the better players at OGC Nice is keeping pace with Oakwell.

Names known to most in English football, Balotelli and Mendy, have gone, finishing their loan period or contract.

Winger Said Benrahma has been sold to Bournemouth for an "undisclosed" fee. No doubt they "have made a profit and retained an interest in the player".

Midfielder Jean Michael Seri has clubs, including Chelsea, has clubs lined up ready to pay his release clause of £35 mill.

Striker Alassane Plea is ready to go, West Ham and Newcastle are interested at £27 million

Owd Chien has seen his OGC Nice slump down the league and not be involved in any European competition next season, losing £17 mill in revenue. The outgoing players have been replaced with cheaper incomers--Danilo from Braga at £9mill and Heselle from Troyes at £4.5 mill plus a number of loanees.

Remember the PR release at the takeover conference ? "Chien Lee has shown his success with Nice in the Champions League" and giddy talk of a friendly game in Nice this summer, improved match day experience etc. The reality has been relegation, the appointment of Morais anda friendly at Gainsborough.

Anybody missing the France-v-Belgium game and going to York tomorrow neet ?

(Spelling error in title but can't edit it--dismantling)
    Last edited by SBRed48; 09-07-2018 at 11:43 AM.

Somebody had to buy the club SB , Patrick Cryne thought they were credible owners and at the end of the day what choice did he have given the circumstances .

As far as I can see nowts changed , we spend nowt and sell players , the internal model is different , there's very little connection with the fans granted but it's still the same old formula but just in different packaging .

Everyone in the past hired shyte managers at one time , Spackman , Hart for instance and hired decent ones too .

Cryne could bullshyte with the best of em when it suited , " box office signings " " we didn't know how good John Stones was "

Nowts changed really when you dig down in to the weeds .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Somebody had to buy the club SB , Patrick Cryne thought they were credible owners and at the end of the day what choice did he have given the circumstances .

As far as I can see nowts changed , we spend nowt and sell players , the internal model is different , there's very little connection with the fans granted but it's still the same old formula but just in different packaging .

Everyone in the past hired shyte managers at one time , Spackman , Hart for instance and hired decent ones too .

Cryne could bullshyte with the best of em when it suited , " box office signings " " we didn't know how good John Stones was "

Nowts changed really when you dig down in to the weeds .
    Totally agree and the players that have left/sold weren't exactly pulling up any trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Totally agree and the players that have left/sold weren't exactly pulling up any trees.
    Gone to Brazilian rain forest to be lumberjack

We need to forget about our owners wealth , it's not relative to the club and it's ability to succeed .

It shouldn't be a stick to beat them with , I'm more interested in what they take out and how that affects our ability to progress as a club .

The business has to pay it's way under it's own steam , I personally have no problem with that .

The problem I have is that the business creates funds and that leaves the club and has a detrimental affect on our ability to win games of football .

For what ever reason we find ourselves in league one because we failed to invest sufficiently in the squad because money left the business .

I understand to a certain degree the circumstances why that happened .

I won't accept a repeat under the new ownership , by all means don't invest but don't fecking profit either financially .

Buy fecking Amazon if you want to make money because to be honest Gally and Whitey may as well own the club otherwise .

Jean Michael Seri has signed fo Fulham from OGC Nice. Owd Chien selling off the family silver.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Jean Michael Seri has signed fo Fulham from OGC Nice. Owd Chien selling off the family silver.
    The irony of your post isn't lost on me SB .

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Gone to Brazilian rain forest to be lumberjack
    I'm a lumberjack I chop down trees

Owd Chien has now sold key OGC Nice defender Maxime Le Marchand also to Fulham. The loss of European competition and the sale of their best players can't ev been what the Nice fans anticipated when Owd Chien rolled into town to a great fanfare.

Owd Chien's sale of Nice's top players goes on. Today it's the turn of striker Alassane Plea to be sold to Borussia Monchengladbach. Owd Chien's is raking the money in and ripping apart the side. OGC Nice fans not happy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast