+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Owd Chien dismantaling OGC Nice team

Showing his cards now is our Mr chien

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Owd Chien's sale of Nice's top players goes on. Today it's the turn of striker Alassane Plea to be sold to Borussia Monchengladbach. Owd Chien's is raking the money in and ripping apart the side. OGC Nice fans not happy.
    I know how they feel SB , having your team ripped apart so the owners can show a good profit on investment is hard to take .

Hope it doesn't happen here again .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I know how they feel SB , having your team ripped apart so the owners can show a good profit on investment is hard to take .

Hope it doesn't happen here again .
    I think a lot of us were anticipating that under Chien the clubs better players would not need to be sold and with a gradual retention of the best ones and the odd quality additions that improvement of the squad would take place. The Nice fans were probably thinking the same.

Jean Michael Seri has signed fo Fulham from OGC Nice. Owd Chien selling off the family silver.
    This Seri fella - has he got a brother called Heyup ???

I’ll get mi coat

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    This Seri fella - has he got a brother called Heyup ???

I’ll get mi coat
    ?? Heyup Fella ?? Heyup Seri?? Is it a Barnsley joke Nudger. It's lost on me being from Ponte

I think a lot of us were anticipating that under Chien the clubs better players would not need to be sold and with a gradual retention of the best ones and the odd quality additions that improvement of the squad would take place. The Nice fans were probably thinking the same.
    Hasn’t happened here yet on either side, so jury should still be out

Mario Balotelli reportedly staying at OGC Nice

Couldn't get the move to Marseilles he was pushing for. Now training with Nice in the hope sumdi comes in forrim befooar 31 Aug. Doesn't fancy the lack of European competition following Nice's decline under Chien.

Just looked at the website. Yes he is staying following the Marseilles move breaking down--something they describe as "complications from another club in the South of France over the summer"--(Goat take note of the spin). Watch this space for a January move.

The slide in their fortunes continues--started the season with a defeat and a draw.

Evvin sold Seri to Fulham for 30mill Euros, Plea to Borussia Mgladbach for 23 mill Euros and Le Marchand to Fulham for 4 mill Euros the remit each season to balance the books for the forthcoming season by selling players has already been achieved.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast