+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another General Election..?

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I live in an area a long way from Burnley so I have no idea about the BNP in Burnley --I hear the opinions of many north eastern Labour supporters who honestly thought that leaving the EU would put a stop to most of the immigration.They only need to go into our local hospital and supermarkets to realise how much we rely on immigration, however, there are none so blind as those who will not see.
    perhaps they see someone doing a job they could do or undercutting their wages.

Quote Originally Posted by footy_le_bordel View Post
    perhaps they see someone doing a job they could do or undercutting their wages.
    Perhaps they do ---I don't know, however, what I do know is that if they stopped the benefits for not being interested in doing a job there would be all hell on.
    Those working in the hospital and supermarket are filling vacancies which would otherwise be unfilled and are paid the going rate.
    On reflection, you're take on this must then be half wrong because they are not undercutting wages at all, however, the jobs could be filled by the locals ---if they were prepared to work for a living!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Perhaps they do ---I don't know, however, what I do know is that if they stopped the benefits for not being interested in doing a job there would be all hell on.
    Those working in the hospital and supermarket are filling vacancies which would otherwise be unfilled and are paid the going rate.
    On reflection, you're take on this must then be half wron
    g because they are not undercutting wages at all, however, the jobs could be filled by the locals ---if they were prepared to work for a living!
    In my opinion, I have no desire to limit immigration assuming the that the "immigrants" are qualified and have already secured employment before they are accepted.
    My opinion is based on my own situation....I've probably mentioned before, anyway....
    In the past I worked as an Engineer for a French / Swiss company.
    I was was required to work in many counties around the world and being employed by the French / Swiss company I paid my taxes in France and the U.K. (Dual Tax).
    Then, 11 years ago, I began teaching in China.
    Upon my return to England this year I was unemployed.
    I was more than a little bemused that I a had to prove that I was English, send my passport to the authoorities of 2 different offices in London and somewhere else (not sure where as they forwarded it).
    During the interim period I was unable to claim any assistance, finacial etc. inspite of paying my taxes for the previous 35 years.

Anyway....I am shocked at the situation in Burnley regarding immigrants. I often walk into Burnley town centre and rarely hear an English accent, but lots of people speaking various other languages, Hindu, Urdu, and various "Russian" accents.
    What I fail to understand is how these people are able to support themselves, houses, cars, invariably chatting on mobile phones, on what, Universal Credit.

I am currently waiting for my work permit to be renewed so that I can return to China.
    As is usual, I have to prove that I am qualified, have employment, somewhere to live, enough monry to support myself until I receive my first salary, a "letter of invitation" from my employer etc.
    Perhaps the the U.K. government should introduce similar conditions ?

The accents you hear in Burnley town centre that you cannot understand map are folks from Colne, Nelson and Clitheroe.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The accents you hear in Burnley town centre that you cannot understand map are folks from Colne, Nelson and Clitheroe.
    Accy lad me BT, I talk posh, you should know that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)