+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: o/t night of the long knives

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Good point. Pity about the economy though
    Seems to be the Southern EU countries who are suffering economically

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I think you've missed the point of what has been happening over the last few days. May and the cabinet have settled on a 'soft' Brexit policy, hence the 'hard' Brexiteer members quitting and doubtless considering whether they can oust May and pursue their own vision.

Who are the unelected politicians of whom you speak?

So you don't think that the majority of people want a hard Brexit. What do you propose then? A second referendum on the exit deal. Is that Labour or hasn't the party decided yet? It would be nice to know, just in case their is another General Election.

The unelected politicians are the people running and funding the ERG, which is doing it's best to push us towards a hard Brexit.

I would propose that we let May get on with the plan that she has put forward, take it to the EU and see if they will accept it. Then take it from there. It seems a big compromise on both sides but what do both sides expect? As I've said, I don't think the politicians scheming to challenge May and push us towards a hard Brexit represent the majority of people in the country (the 48% remain voters + % of leave voters that want a deal.

So I want May to be allowed to negotiate the best deal possible as she was voted in to do, a deal that would be the best compromise that wouldn't make either extreme happy but is the fairest compromise. Fair play to her for facing down her party opponents on this.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I think you've missed the point of what has been happening over the last few days. May and the cabinet have settled on a 'soft' Brexit policy, hence the 'hard' Brexiteer members quitting and doubtless considering whether they can oust May and pursue their own vision.

Who are the unelected politicians of whom you speak?

So you don't think that the majority of people want a hard Brexit. What do you propose then? A second referendum on the exit deal. Is that Labour or hasn't the party decided yet? It would be nice to know, just in case their is another General Election.
    Always chirping at the labour party, tell me (i know you won't...) what would you do in Corbyn's position, would you place the party firmly on one side or the other of a debate which has quite frankly split the country down the middle, or would you accept the vote and await the inevitable implosion of the tory party over this? Tactically he has it spot on at the moment, hasn't he.

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    To be fair KerrAvon it was Cameron and his Government who proposed and held the referendum in the first place in an ill conceived bid to unite the long running disagreements about it within the party. The term “eurosceptic” predated his tenure
    The division within the Tories reflects that within the country.

I still don't get why the Tories own Brexit. It was Parliament who enacted The Referendum Act, with the Honourable member for Islington, The Great Leader, voting in favour of it (on the one occasion that he turned up to vote on it), so surely he owns a bit? animal then voted leave so he owns a bit too.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Always chirping at the labour party, tell me (i know you won't...) what would you do in Corbyn's position, would you place the party firmly on one side or the other of a debate which has quite frankly split the country down the middle, or would you accept the vote and await the inevitable implosion of the tory party over this? Tactically he has it spot on at the moment, hasn't he.
    This is what concerns me MMM.
    The Conservatives are devouring themselves from within and the Brexit negotiations are in a mess but the Labour Party isn't making it's position clear. In fact I would suggest there seem to be as many divisions on Brexit in the opposition as there are within the government.
    I know you've said elsewhere that if Labour were in power they would put the Brexit negotiations as their main priority and, whereas I agree they would have to, I haven't got a clue how they would go about it and I doubt if anyone else has.
    The whole thing is a bugger' s muddle and I don't think either of the main parties seem to have the capability to sort it out.
    One of them is going to have to though.

Laughable to see the Polish plumber waffle turn up again.

Folks that voted leave weren’t grumbling about the Polish tradesmen nor about the foreign doctors and nurses in the NHS it was the hordes of Eastern European scroungers and other similar foreigners that gave momentum to the vote leave campaign.

The EU went too far with their largely unrestricted influx of people from outside the EU. That coupled with some bizarre rulings of their EU courts of justice and the balance tipped toward “goodbye EU” in many folks minds.

Cameron being so far out of touch with the majority of the population of the UK and with absolutely no idea what problems immigration was bringing ( particularly north of Watford) thought that given a referendum folks would comfortably vote stay. He got it badly wrong and Mrs May inherited that mess. Sadly for her it presented a problem way beyond her capabilities to solve and there was no way she was going to get any help from the muppets that surrounded her.

Sadly hard brexit is now the only way we can ‘win” a position forced on us by the tactics of the remainers.

My Polish mate tells me that he was attracted to the Uk through very good marketing advertising campaigns broadcast on Polish tv .

Shots of London , all the sights , sat outside Thames side pubs and bistros in the summer , you get the picrure .

The reality was different as he initially settled in Luton , sky high rental prices and minimum wage through agency's .

They came up north because of the lower rental prices but he told me he wouldn't have come here knowing what he knows now , he used the word exploited .

Just his version of events , he's back in Poland now and settled with the same amount of savings to his name as he had 10 years ago , minimal .

Pity he ended up in Luton.

A lot of immigration issues there, majority of it not caused by EU nationals.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Laughable to see the Polish plumber waffle turn up again.

Folks that voted leave weren’t grumbling about the Polish tradesmen nor about the foreign doctors and nurses in the NHS it was the hordes of Eastern European scroungers and other similar foreigners that gave momentum to the vote leave campaign.

The EU went too far with their largely unrestricted influx of people from outside the EU. That coupled with some bizarre rulings of their EU courts of justice and the balance tipped toward “goodbye EU” in many folks minds.

Cameron being so far out of touch with the majority of the population of the UK and with absolutely no idea what problems immigration was bringing ( particularly north of Watford) thought that given a referendum folks would comfortably vote stay. He got it badly wrong and Mrs May inherited that mess. Sadly for her it presented a problem way beyond her capabilities to solve and there was no way she was going to get any help from the muppets that surrounded her.

Sadly hard brexit is now the only way we can ‘win” a position forced on us by the tactics of the remainers.
    You were doing quite well there until you mentioned hard brexit and that being forced on us by remainers, what a load of codswallop that is, hard brexit is being actively chased by hard brexiters, namely hard right fanatics with no thought for the country as a whole, only in lining their own pockets, the tory party is rife with them.

I reckon KerrAvon has it right.

It’s a waste of time reading your replies.

Deluded

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast