+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aims for season & Predictions

Aims for season & Predictions

Mike Martin and csaba (this season and last) have said our aim is to be champions.

That has to be right. Play offs for championship clubs give slim chance. We need to be champions.

I just hope we hold to that aim during season. Anything less is not acceptable and less than our stated aims.

As for our rivals I think the other clubs will be in this order ...

1 ICT
    2 Ross Co
    3 Patrick
    4 Dunfermline
    5 Falkirk
    6 Morton
    7 QOS
    8 Ayr
    9 Alloa

Come on United this year - another year in championship after this would totally unacceptable. Let’s win the title this year - no other big teams in championship again!

Good post LS but I'm going to wait until our signings are done before making any predictions.

Champions- only thing I’m accepting

we aint going up - by the time csaba gets punted it will be too late.

There just thought id cheer ya allup after my day driving in and around Rome.

NEVER EVER DRIVE IN ROME

With the current personnel, both managerial and playing wise, we'll be lucky to finish mid table.

We lack quality in every area of the pitch. When that's the case you hope that your ability to fight and scrap your way to a result might carry you through but we have none of that.

I will be delighted to come back on here in 10 months and acknowledge that this post was way off the mark but I seriously doubt that it is.

Nothing other than complete and total victory is acceptable. I'm not convinced however that we'll even get close.

we are still lacking creativity, goals and the ability to mix it up....we only look good on paper and won't threaten teams and will be easy to set up against as we are so predictable in our set up and tactics.
    I am going to say we finish 4th with the manager stating that we need time for the players "to gel"....we will panic buy a has been in January, who will start with a hat trick before being injured for the remainder of the season. We will then sack the manager and appoint whichever manager has managed to get their team into 3rd in the championship.
    Nothing suggests that we are going to win this league! I would love to be wrong but we haven't got our recruitment right for the past few seasons and I haven't seen anything to suggest that has changed. When was the last time we had a player come in that we were genuinely excited about? I'm talking about a GMS type player. We are shopping in Lidl and expecting a Waitrose dinner!

Sadly, I think we will be sitting 3rd or 4th in the league around xmas time and questions will start to be getting asked.

I hope to be proved wrong - we all want to win the league, but I think these expectations might be a stretch too far.

Also thought we would have played a lot more pre season friendlies to gel in the new players - Aberdeen who are in Europe are playing a lot of friendlies to get them ready for their european games.

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    we are still lacking creativity, goals and the ability to mix it up....we only look good on paper and won't threaten teams and will be easy to set up against as we are so predictable in our set up and tactics.
    I am going to say we finish 4th with the manager stating that we need time for the players "to gel"....we will panic buy a has been in January, who will start with a hat trick before being injured for the remainder of the season. We will then sack the manager and appoint whichever manager has managed to get their team into 3rd in the championship.
    Nothing suggests that we are going to win this league! I would love to be wrong but we haven't got our recruitment right for the past few seasons and I haven't seen anything to suggest that has changed. When was the last time we had a player come in that we were genuinely excited about? I'm talking about a GMS type player. We are shopping in Lidl and expecting a Waitrose dinner!
    I don't even think the squad looks good on paper tbh!

a load of boys who have just been relegated, 2 players from a team who were worse than us last season, 2 goalkeepers who have never been first choice and an Austrian who nobody knows anything about. Chuck in a manager who is utterly bereft of any tactical ability, we'll be lucky to finish in the top 4!

Can't wait!

Not convinced by the manager at all and it's a massive gamble letting him sign the 14-16 players we need to complete our squad.

My biggest fear is that it all goes tits up he and gets sacked that any new manager gets lumbered with a pile of 5hite that he can't do anything with and we're back to square one.

I look at the teams we're up against this season and imo it's going to be tougher than the last 2 seasons to get out this league.

To give ourselves a chance we really need to start picking up points away from home. Winning ugly if need be.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)