Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: Aims for season & Predictions

  1. #1

    Aims for season & Predictions

    Mike Martin and csaba (this season and last) have said our aim is to be champions.

    That has to be right. Play offs for championship clubs give slim chance. We need to be champions.

    I just hope we hold to that aim during season. Anything less is not acceptable and less than our stated aims.

    As for our rivals I think the other clubs will be in this order ...

    1 ICT
    2 Ross Co
    3 Patrick
    4 Dunfermline
    5 Falkirk
    6 Morton
    7 QOS
    8 Ayr
    9 Alloa

    Come on United this year - another year in championship after this would totally unacceptable. Let’s win the title this year - no other big teams in championship again!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valencia Spain
    Posts
    10,350
    Good post LS but I'm going to wait until our signings are done before making any predictions.

  3. #3
    Champions- only thing I’m accepting

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,237
    we aint going up - by the time csaba gets punted it will be too late.

    There just thought id cheer ya allup after my day driving in and around Rome.

    NEVER EVER DRIVE IN ROME

  5. #5
    With the current personnel, both managerial and playing wise, we'll be lucky to finish mid table.

    We lack quality in every area of the pitch. When that's the case you hope that your ability to fight and scrap your way to a result might carry you through but we have none of that.

    I will be delighted to come back on here in 10 months and acknowledge that this post was way off the mark but I seriously doubt that it is.

  6. #6
    Nothing other than complete and total victory is acceptable. I'm not convinced however that we'll even get close.

  7. #7
    we are still lacking creativity, goals and the ability to mix it up....we only look good on paper and won't threaten teams and will be easy to set up against as we are so predictable in our set up and tactics.
    I am going to say we finish 4th with the manager stating that we need time for the players "to gel"....we will panic buy a has been in January, who will start with a hat trick before being injured for the remainder of the season. We will then sack the manager and appoint whichever manager has managed to get their team into 3rd in the championship.
    Nothing suggests that we are going to win this league! I would love to be wrong but we haven't got our recruitment right for the past few seasons and I haven't seen anything to suggest that has changed. When was the last time we had a player come in that we were genuinely excited about? I'm talking about a GMS type player. We are shopping in Lidl and expecting a Waitrose dinner!

  8. #8
    Sadly, I think we will be sitting 3rd or 4th in the league around xmas time and questions will start to be getting asked.

    I hope to be proved wrong - we all want to win the league, but I think these expectations might be a stretch too far.

    Also thought we would have played a lot more pre season friendlies to gel in the new players - Aberdeen who are in Europe are playing a lot of friendlies to get them ready for their european games.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    we are still lacking creativity, goals and the ability to mix it up....we only look good on paper and won't threaten teams and will be easy to set up against as we are so predictable in our set up and tactics.
    I am going to say we finish 4th with the manager stating that we need time for the players "to gel"....we will panic buy a has been in January, who will start with a hat trick before being injured for the remainder of the season. We will then sack the manager and appoint whichever manager has managed to get their team into 3rd in the championship.
    Nothing suggests that we are going to win this league! I would love to be wrong but we haven't got our recruitment right for the past few seasons and I haven't seen anything to suggest that has changed. When was the last time we had a player come in that we were genuinely excited about? I'm talking about a GMS type player. We are shopping in Lidl and expecting a Waitrose dinner!
    I don't even think the squad looks good on paper tbh!

    a load of boys who have just been relegated, 2 players from a team who were worse than us last season, 2 goalkeepers who have never been first choice and an Austrian who nobody knows anything about. Chuck in a manager who is utterly bereft of any tactical ability, we'll be lucky to finish in the top 4!

    Can't wait!

  10. #10
    Not convinced by the manager at all and it's a massive gamble letting him sign the 14-16 players we need to complete our squad.

    My biggest fear is that it all goes tits up he and gets sacked that any new manager gets lumbered with a pile of 5hite that he can't do anything with and we're back to square one.

    I look at the teams we're up against this season and imo it's going to be tougher than the last 2 seasons to get out this league.

    To give ourselves a chance we really need to start picking up points away from home. Winning ugly if need be.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,237
    agree whitfield. I have concerns that csaba is indeed rubbish. That would screw the continuity part as we'd be set for the above.

    Hope not. BTW - Where are our 4 signings? (probably unfair of me to pick on you whitfield for this info )

  12. #12
    No real confidence at all, we have one proper centre back in Frans, until I see us sign another two I'm not feeling confident starting the season with what we have

    Then there's is the doubts about Laszlo

    ICT are my favs for the title

  13. #13
    The first 5-6 games will be most revealing about where we stand against the other sides in the league. If we are not top or closely challenging for it at that point, it will be better to seek alternative Saturday afternoon amusement. Like others have said, I hope my pessimism proves to be misplaced.

  14. #14
    I predict there will be a thread on the takeover thingy,the Monkey will still be dancing,then come March when we have secured our status as a Championship club something will be fed to the support that makes the majority Q up at the club shop to renew their season ticket's again.Oh eh and the monkey acting on behalf of the worst owner in the history of the club will deliver a letter to the worst manager in the history of the club and so it goes on and on.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I predict there will be a thread on the takeover thingy,the Monkey will still be dancing,then come March when we have secured our status as a Championship club something will be fed to the support that makes the majority Q up at the club shop to renew their season ticket's again.Oh eh and the monkey acting on behalf of the worst owner in the history of the club will deliver a letter to the worst manager in the history of the club and so it goes on and on.
    Always having a pop at fans who buy season tickets Gunboat. Maybe , like myself, guys just like going to see the team they have always supported no matter who's in the boardroom. Take it you won't be back at tannadice till they are all gone?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie arab View Post
    Always having a pop at fans who buy season tickets Gunboat. Maybe , like myself, guys just like going to see the team they have always supported no matter who's in the boardroom. Take it you won't be back at tannadice till they are all gone?
    Divide and conquer,i must give Thompson credit for one thing he know's how to manipulate the fans.As for your question Charlie you already knew the answer before you asked it,so why FN ask it?.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie arab View Post
    Always having a pop at fans who buy season tickets Gunboat. Maybe , like myself, guys just like going to see the team they have always supported no matter who's in the boardroom. Take it you won't be back at tannadice till they are all gone?
    Here here.

    Plenty Utd fans through the years slagged fk out of the FUN for their dwindling support when their team was in gutter but the Dundee fans that remained gets my utmost respect, their true fans stuck by them as should we stick by our TEAM.

    The good times and the bad.

    We all know Stephen Thompson is a CNT, sure you mentioned it a few times Gunboat.

  18. #18
    Nothing wrong with supporting united and folk shouldn’t be criticised for buying season tickets. As a support though we should have acted on concerns over ST a long time ago and been a bit more united about it

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Here here.

    Plenty Utd fans through the years slagged fk out of the FUN for their dwindling support when their team was in gutter but the Dundee fans that remained gets my utmost respect, their true fans stuck by them as should we stick by our TEAM.

    The good times and the bad.

    We all know Stephen Thompson is a CNT, sure you mentioned it a few times Gunboat.
    I have a completely different stance from you though,1 i have never used your word to describe Thompson because i don't use it,FACT. 2 I have supported my team in the bad times from 66 till 78 with still not a trophy in our history.3 I am of the opinion that throwing good money after bad trying to rescue Thompson's regime is not the way forward.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I have a completely different stance from you though,1 i have never used your word to describe Thompson because i don't use it,FACT. 2 I have supported my team in the bad times from 66 till 78 with still not a trophy in our history.3 I am of the opinion that throwing good money after bad trying to rescue Thompson's regime is not the way forward.
    Respect until No 3........are the 3600 fans that bought season tickets trying to rescue Thompson's regime? Or are they just wanting to watch and support their TEAM?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •