+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Bielsa resigns

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    From the first team squad listed on Wiki from June 2018 of 36 Leeds United squad players, I reckon at least 18 of them, are Orta signings, many of those 'first-teamers' from last year.

So if you are saying Bielsa could achieve promotion with that squad, you are saying that he is going to be able to do that with Orta signings, because the other 18 or so are peripheral figures who don't play, or 3 or 4 first-teamers from last year that pre-date Orta.

You've said hundreds and hundreds of times that Orta should go because his signings are terrible.

So therefore, my query, put to you previously in a spirit of debate, now in one of weary, half-hearted, can't be a rsed and 'sick to the back teeth of all this kind of adversarial bull that happens every time anything is discussed on here' resignation, still seems pretty fair minded - if you're saying Bielsa can turn the sow's ear into a silk purse, then he'll have to do it with a majority of Orta signings.

As such, it contradicts your long-stated view (that I've long agreed with, ironically) that Orta's signings are not good enough and he shouldn't be trusted to make any more.

Doesn't it?

PS Do you think you could avoid the antagonistic comments? All I've done is disagree with you, ask you some questions and challenged your consistency in a polite and reasonable way. You've called that thin-skinned, and suggested I was picking fights. Why not just deal with the (genuine) question - I'm actually interested to know how you square those two views.
    Dog with a bone aint'cha?

Rather than use Wiki, I suggest you use the club site, so all the players and their positions are also available.

So, for the record, here are the players in the 1st team, and their positions, and a guide as to whether they were recruited by Orta or not;

GK
    BPF

Defenders
    Orta - Anita, De Bock, Shaughnessy
    Pre-Orta – Ayling, Berardi, Cooper, Jansson, Pearce

Midfield
    Orta - Alioski, Baker (hmm), Forshaw, Klich, Ideguchi, Saiz
    Pre-Orta Dallas, Hernandez, Murphy, O’Kane, Phillips, Sacko, Viera

Strikers
    Orta - Ekuban, Roberts, Edmonson
    Pre-Orta – Antonsson, Roofe

And now my comment as to who I believe has shown promise (from those appointed by our etseemed DoF)

Defenders, none (unless Shaughnessy gets a chance and proves worthy)

Midfielders, Alisoki, Forshaw, Saiz (all as stated previously, giving Forshaw the benefit of the doubt)

Strikers, Roberts (maybe)

So, we have 4 of the Orta crop who might be good enough, and the rest are from previous recruitment campaigns. If Bielsa makes them into a team able to compete, my hat goes off to him.

Point being, 4-5 players from the crop of stuff that was foisted on us is hopeless odds.

No contradiction in what I have said, repeatedly, but if you maintain otherwise, thats your perogative.

OK mate whatever you say. You're always right. Dog with a bone? Pot? Kettle? Black?

OK mate whatever you say. You're always right. Dog with a bone? Pot? Kettle? Black?
    No I'm not always right so stop being so f00king patronising.

You accused me if changing my view of.the Orta recruitments, with no evidence (named players etc), just some vague unquantified reference to wiki. I take the trouble to do some real research to provide a "considered" response and get sh1t from you in return.

I've said the same.things about the same players for f00king ages and if Bielsa can make it otherwise good, good luck to him, it still won't make Orta anything other.than a waste of space, I've said it before.and remain of that view. If you think I think otherwise you're bonkers. End of thread

Bielsa won't get this current squad promoted because they're not good enough. We played well at start of season because we played a lot of **** teams who hadn't worked us out not because this squad is genuinely a top 6 side.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post

You accused me if changing my view of.the Orta recruitments, with no evidence (named players etc), just some vague unquantified reference to wiki. I take the trouble to do some real research to provide a "considered" response and get sh1t from you in return.

I've said the same.things about the same players for f00king ages and if Bielsa can make it otherwise good, good luck to him, it still won't make Orta anything other.than a waste of space, I've said it before.and remain of that view. If you think I think otherwise you're bonkers. End of thread
    Lol ok mate, as I say, you're always right. Always. All the best to you, as I've said before - cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Bielsa won't get this current squad promoted because they're not good enough. We played well at start of season because we played a lot of **** teams who hadn't worked us out not because this squad is genuinely a top 6 side.
    You may be right Joel, but adding one or two "marquee" signings won't change that.

It was said by others that Bielsa must have had conditions written into his contract, and I suspect they were right. One.is likely to have been "I construct the squad, without interference, one way or another" or.something like that.

If that's true, and he is with us as start of season, (not guaranteed), and we have no more than we have now, what does that say of his view of the players, rather than ours?

BTW - if you don't like me being patronising, perhaps you could stop being abusive, and we'll call it quits?

Or I'll just keep being patronising, as I can tell you really don't like that. You prefer to be in control don't you?

Lol ok mate, as I say, you're always right. Always. All the best to you, as I've said before - cheers.
    And as I said, no I'm not. Lol up your ar5e. I thought you were one of the few on here who had balance, I'm wrong on that too.

BTW - if you don't like me being patronising, perhaps you could stop being abusive, and we'll call it quits?

Or I'll just keep being patronising, as I can tell you really don't like that. You prefer to be in control don't you?
    Never been in control in my life, and couldn't give a f00k about it here. As for "abusive", don't accuse someone of hypocrisy and expect not to be called out, how's about that?

Never been in control in my life, and couldn't give a f00k about it here. As for "abusive", don't accuse someone of hypocrisy and expect not to be called out, how's about that?
    But I didn't WTF - that's the point. I disagreed with you and suggested you weren't being consistent. I never used the word hypocrite. Instead of proving your point you started calling me names and using words like 'accuse' and 'picking a fight'.

Maybe I only stopped being balanced in your mind when I disagreed with you. I've agreed with you many times in the past when others haven't, but your reaction to me disagreeing with you on this one occasion and suggesting lack of consistency does suggest a lack of control, as you've said. I take back that you like being in control.

Anyway, we'll keep going until we stop, yeah?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)