+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Bielsa resigns

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Seriously, what is a "marquee signing" apart from getting a tent from Andrassys?
    A quality signing..better than what we currently have..which would not be too difficult at the moment

So reading between the lines Bielsa HAS been brought in to polish the turds of last season! (which is what I thought all along tbh)

Kinda accepting the fact that there will be no 'marquee' signings and we go with what we have..obviously not happy but no use moaning about it.

IF Bielsa pulls this one off he should get the keys to the city!

It depends who he uses, but if Bielsa can do with them that which Christiansen and Heckingbottom couldn't, I won't be complaining (and it will prove he is indeed a miracle-maker).

There have always been some of the intake from last season who were ok/good (Saiz & Alioski in particular). Few of the rest are still with us (Ekuban and Anita being significant amongst those), and if they can be made good, somehow, more strength to Bielsas arm, but no more "bargain bucket" trawls, be more incisive in who we recruit from here on, then we don't have the burden on wages of draoo players and the club can focus on making diamonds out of the rough
    So then Orta should stay if we're as successful as you hope Bielsa can make us, as it wouldn't be Orta's recruitment that would've previously been the problem, it was the managers, should Bielsa succeed with the same players, bought predominantly by Orta?

I totally disagree with you on that, as I think Orta's recruitment is poor so far, but I think you're also in danger of disagreeing with yourself from what you've said previously.

You've always laid much of the blame for our underperformance on Orta's recruitment, which I've often agreed with. But now you're saying Bielsa can achieve promotion with the self same players, if I'm understanding you right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    So then Orta should stay if we're as successful as you hope Bielsa can make us, as it wouldn't be Orta's recruitment that would've previously been the problem, it was the managers, should Bielsa succeed with the same players, bought predominantly by Orta?

I totally disagree with you on that, as I think Orta's recruitment is poor so far, but I think you're also in danger of disagreeing with yourself from what you've said previously.

You've always laid much of the blame for our underperformance on Orta's recruitment, which I've often agreed with. But now you're saying Bielsa can achieve promotion with the self same players, if I'm understanding you right.
    Not quite sure why you're picking a fight when I'm agreeing (a I always have) that we have some players worthy of retention (I said it again in the post you quote (all of 2 names out of 20 recruited!!!))

Orta did not recruit Jansson, or Ayling, or Vieira, or BPF, or Berardi, or Hernandez etc. He did recruit Saiz and Alioski, the only named players I have ever suggested were worth recruiting in the first place. The majority of those Orta recruited are either still with us with no-one expressing any interest in their services, or have been loaned out, simply postponing the inevitable and at least reducing our exposure to their wage demands. If there are a couple of others (Forshaw, Roberts maybe) so be it, but so far the jury is definitely out. On Ortas poor performance we are totally agreed, two (possibly 4) players out of twenty-odd is a pi55-poor performance, and I haven't said anything to lead anyone to suggest I think otherwise. I AM prepared to see Bielsa do what others haven't, and get something out of that small number, you too I would imagine?

If Bielsa is successful, I see no reason for Orta to be retained, as most of his recruits will have been sent out on loan, disposed of, or warming the bench in the US23s because no-one wants them either. The coach/manager should be able to determine and negotiate for players he (or she?) sees fit. DoFs have no place in the Championship, and not much in the PL, other than as figureheads (and THAT I have said since before Orta was appointed). Retaining a small percentage of the playing staff recruited by the waste of space that is Orta isn't suggesting he should be applauded or retained, it's simply recognising that if you cast your net wide enough (and you have someone who is able to polish a turd), you might just get lucky, that's no criteria for a DoF to fulfil.

And I get grief for being "contentious"!
    Last edited by WTF11; 11-07-2018 at 12:49 PM.

Not quite sure why you're picking a fight when I'm agreeing (a I always have) that we have some players worthy of retention (I said it again in the post you quote (all of 2 names out of 20 recruited!!!))

Orta did not recruit Jansson, or Ayling, or Vieira, or BPF, or Berardi, or Hernandez etc. He did recruit Saiz and Alioski, the only named players I have ever suggested were worth recruiting in the first place. The majority of those Orta recruited are either still with us with no-one expressing any interest in their services, or have been loaned out, simply postponing the inevitable and at least reducing our exposure to their wage demands. If there are a couple of others (Forshaw, Roberts maybe) so be it, but so far the jury is definitely out. On Ortas poor performance we are totally agreed, two (possibly 4) players out of twenty-odd is a pi55-poor performance, and I haven't said anything to lead anyone to suggest I think otherwise. I AM prepared to see Bielsa do what others haven't, and get something out of that small number, you too I would imagine?

If Bielsa is successful, I see no reason for Orta to be retained, as most of his recruits will have been sent out on loan, disposed of, or warming the bench in the US23s because no-one wants them either. The coach/manager should be able to determine and negotiate for players he (or she?) sees fit. DoFs have no place in the Championship, and not much in the PL, other than as figureheads (and THAT I have said since before Orta was appointed). Retaining a small percentage of the playing staff recruited by the waste of space that is Orta isn't suggesting he should be applauded or retained, it's simply recognising that if you cast your net wide enough (and you have someone who is able to polish a turd), you might just get lucky, that's no criteria for a DoF to fulfil.

And I get grief for being "contentious"!
    A fight? Contentious? I thought we were just having a discussion.

Your reply is exactly why I've stayed away from the forum.

All the best to you. You could have a fight on your own in a cardboard box mate.

All the best to you. You could have a fight on your own in a cardboard box mate.
    Lol..

And there is no "tone" when using the written word, hence my use of the "wink", but maybe you missed that?

As it is, it wasn't me who was accusing anyone of contradicting themselves, was it? Be that as it may, if you're that thin-skinned, I'm surprised your a Leeds supporter.

My view haven't changed, and they won't unless there is evidence to make them, if thats enough confirmation for you.

And there is no "tone" when using the written word, hence my use of the "wink", but maybe you missed that?

As it is, it wasn't me who was accusing anyone of contradicting themselves, was it? Be that as it may, if you're that thin-skinned, I'm surprised your a Leeds supporter.

My view haven't changed, and they won't unless there is evidence to make them, if thats enough confirmation for you.
    From the first team squad listed on Wiki from June 2018 of 36 Leeds United squad players, I reckon at least 18 of them, are Orta signings, many of those 'first-teamers' from last year.

So if you are saying Bielsa could achieve promotion with that squad, you are saying that he is going to be able to do that with Orta signings, because the other 18 or so are peripheral figures who don't play, or 3 or 4 first-teamers from last year that pre-date Orta.

You've said hundreds and hundreds of times that Orta should go because his signings are terrible.

So therefore, my query, put to you previously in a spirit of debate, now in one of weary, half-hearted, can't be a rsed and 'sick to the back teeth of all this kind of adversarial bull that happens every time anything is discussed on here' resignation, still seems pretty fair minded - if you're saying Bielsa can turn the sow's ear into a silk purse, then he'll have to do it with a majority of Orta signings.

As such, it contradicts your long-stated view (that I've long agreed with, ironically) that Orta's signings are not good enough and he shouldn't be trusted to make any more.

Doesn't it?

PS Do you think you could avoid the antagonistic comments? All I've done is disagree with you, ask you some questions and challenged your consistency in a polite and reasonable way. You've called that thin-skinned, and suggested I was picking fights. Why not just deal with the (genuine) question - I'm actually interested to know how you square those two views.

It all makes sense suddenly WTF is Dennis Wise!

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    So reading between the lines Bielsa HAS been brought in to polish the turds of last season! (which is what I thought all along tbh)

Kinda accepting the fact that there will be no 'marquee' signings and we go with what we have..obviously not happy but no use moaning about it.

IF Bielsa pulls this one off he should get the keys to the city!
    If Bielsa gets us promoted with the squad of last season then I'll polish HIS turd!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)