+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Too much politics on here now.

THIS IS NO LONGER A DCFC Forum

It is filled with crap and populated by nutters and very few Derby fans. A glance back to 2 or 3 years ago is all the evidence needed.

Quote Originally Posted by sixtiesram View Post

It is filled with crap and populated by nutters and very few Derby fans. A glance back to 2 or 3 years ago is all the evidence needed.
    Seems a tad harsh. It appears you’ve managed a whole 59 posts in the last four and a bit years...but thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sixtiesram View Post

It's silly season. No DCFC football. No Transfers in or out to discuss.

Now the pre season friendlies have started you will see more DCFC and football related topics surfacing. Immediately after posting this I will be posting a DCFC one. Patience is a virtue.

View from the mod. 1. It’s the close season. 2. I did ask if y’all wanted a separate ‘putting the world to rights’ forum and got virtuall no replies. 3. Not sure FM would give us (back) a second forum anyway 4. The OT conversation here is actually pretty good quality 5. Open to any further suggestions

I frequent another (non-football) forum, where politics are banned. It is a lot more of a friendly and welcoming community.

I suppose if we sign Harold Wilson it will be ok

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    View from the mod. 1. It’s the close season. 2. I did ask if y’all wanted a separate ‘putting the world to rights’ forum and got virtuall no replies. 3. Not sure FM would give us (back) a second forum anyway 4. The OT conversation here is actually pretty good quality 5. Open to any further suggestions
    You only have to look at "the other place" who sound like they are sponsoring the English T20 to see what happens when you condemn OT subjects to a separate forum. They simply cease to happen.

Now it may be that some want to rid the place of all OT's and simply keep this forum as football only, and such OT topics really can get very bitchy (Swale!) as Adi says. However there are few enough of us saying anything as it is. To remove the OT topics would lead to almost no discussions, especially in off season,and that itself has a rolling stone down a hill effect such that noone will bother to look here by the time the season starts.

Its the old argument about "if you don't like it, don't read it". if there were a sequence of threads about soap operas or celebrities or that abomination known'as Love island etc, I wouldn't read them myself so why do those who dislike OT's read them I wonder? Its not as if they clog up a vibrant board which has 100's of new threads every day.

So I would say, let sleeping dogs lie. A separate forum would simply kill all OT's, as it did here a while back, and has done elsewhere. No-one makes you read them, so don't read them and there's no need to get offended by them. Its the old R4J argument, although in fairness the OT politics threads were the only safe place to go that would be R4J pollution free

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    I frequent another (non-football) forum, where politics are banned. It is a lot more of a friendly and welcoming community.
    what subject as a matter of interest?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    what subject as a matter of interest?
    Its a guitarists forum. All politics are banned, and it works really well, void of arguments, and feels very "safe". Most music forums are volatile, but that one isn't, and the political ban is a big part of that.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Its a guitarists forum. All politics are banned, and it works really well, void of arguments, and feels very "safe". Most music forums are volatile, but that one isn't, and the political ban is a big part of that.
    On the other hand Adi...I was in a Californian bar two nights ago and got a big round of applause and a free CD from the guest band - who were very good - for an allegedly witty anti-Trump comment. They, the band, loved the placards on display in London during the PROTUS visit too.
    Constructive argument/debate is surely the point of any forum...leave me out of the ‘bitchy’ stuff though.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 17-07-2018 at 05:17 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)