+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Heroes

Heroes

Sorry Mods, I know this is not related to the Blades, but it is to do with some footballers.

The word hero is far to often applied to all sorts of people today - even footballers.

But true heroes are those who risked their own lives, in very difficult and dangerous conditions to find those lads in the Thai cave and then to rescue them. Absolutely brilliant and a fabulous achievement.

I don’t approve of our ridiculous honours system, but if anyone deserves an honour, or some sort of medal, it must be those British Cave Divers who found and then helped to rescue those young footballers..

I am in complete awe of their bravery and expertise.

Totally Agree Ronald,real life action heroes

Apologies Rod. You beat me to it while I was writing the above.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    Apologies Rod. You beat me to it while I was writing the above.
    You've no need to apologise Ronaldo except when tha won't except the vote abart who's the GREATEST BLADES player. UTCB

You could look at it from a footballing point of view because pundits come out with bravery, courage etc when this is real bravery.

I agree that the term 'heroes' is used too loosely in sport but these brave men are the very definition of the word.

Full respect to them.