Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 83

Thread: Takeover apparently dead

  1. #41
    The Rangers LOL.

    At least we've actually won all our club's trophies - not just claimed those of a now deid club.

    Karma my erse. Jackie McNamara was a moron. Sold our talent and replaced them with utter dross. No idea how to organise a team. You're welcome to him if you think he's any good.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,130
    I recall Kris Boyd's Freudian slip live on BBC Scotland Sportsound last year.
    'They're getting what they deserve' or words to that effect.
    He was immediately shot down by Tom English in the studio & I wondered if he would appear on the programme again but he is Kris Boyd, ex-Rangers r.i.p. & his gross ignorance was overlooked.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,849
    Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    The Rangers LOL.

    At least we've actually won all our club's trophies - not just claimed those of a now deid club.

    Karma my erse. Jackie McNamara was a moron. Sold our talent and replaced them with utter dross. No idea how to organise a team. You're welcome to him if you think he's any good.
    I have my suspicions that Sackie had nothing to do with any of the sales, or much to do with the replacements!

    There needs to be a deal done sooner, rather than later, but it still has to be the right deal for the club and us fans!

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,975
    ‘These are very worrying times for Dundee United fans’: John Gibson issues statement over failed shares bid.
    https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/f...ed-shares-bid/

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,251
    Enough is enough surely!!!!!

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valencia Spain
    Posts
    10,554
    "The new conditions were bizarre"

    It's difficult to know what ordinary faithful United fans can do now. Do we wait until ST decides what he wants to do? Is there ANYTHING we can do?

    It's a disgrace if what John Gibson says is true, and cements the bad feeling between 99.9% of United fans about Steven Thomson who STILL STANDS against the best interests of the club.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,315
    Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    "The new conditions were bizarre"

    It's difficult to know what ordinary faithful United fans can do now. Do we wait until ST decides what he wants to do? Is there ANYTHING we can do?

    It's a disgrace if what John Gibson says is true, and cements the bad feeling between 99.9% of United fans about Steven Thomson who STILL STANDS against the best interests of the club.

    Thompsons toadies/Martin and Portuguese Frank/Barile don't have a leg to stand on.

    As the majority shareholder he is STILL in control of the destiny of this club. Wake up!

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,849
    Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    Enough is enough surely!!!!!
    That time has passed and we are now where quite a few expected us to be. Tell you what though, there is a firm of lawyers making a packet out of the mystery man at the minute!

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    That time has passed and we are now where quite a few expected us to be. Tell you what though, there is a firm of lawyers making a packet out of the mystery man at the minute!
    I get that and agree but what i mean is this charade about US takeover, pulling out etc etc etc. The comms and stuff is **** - wtf is going on?

    I should have been a lawyer

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dundee
    Posts
    18,121
    Quote Originally Posted by deebuster View Post

    As the majority shareholder he is STILL in control of the destiny of this club. Wake up!
    Hard to argue with this...

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,251
    Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Hard to argue with this...
    Agree and have done for years. So OA, GB, AP etc etc how do you remove the divide between the supporters - you know head in sand, those who just wanna support the team and those who want to make change. Been what 2 years for the change pish and all i can read or hear is you blaming the head in sand brigade. Surely that because we (im a paid up but remote member) are **** at PR???

    whats the thoughts? blame everyone for being human and having different thoughts or do something constructive?

    I think both and every side need to wake up. Nobody has made any difference whatsoever in last 4 years.

    Keep shouting. Its not working.

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    12,500
    Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    "The new conditions were bizarre"

    It's difficult to know what ordinary faithful United fans can do now. Do we wait until ST decides what he wants to do? Is there ANYTHING we can do?

    It's a disgrace if what John Gibson says is true, and cements the bad feeling between 99.9% of United fans about Steven Thomson who STILL STANDS against the best interests of the club.
    From one loyal supporter of the club to another,i have taken some stick on this board for slating Thompson,warning we were possibly getting relegated and never believing the monkey was running the club etc etc.The only power we have as fans was to bleed the current regime dry,i never wanted to hurt the club but that was the only choice we had.
    It annoy's me that posters come on here saying i'm having a go at supporters for renewing their season ticket's,i am not having a go at them i just disagree with propping up the Organ grinder and his Monkey who have made catastrophic decisions in the boardroom that has turned our team from challenging Celtic and Aberdeen to finishing behind Livingston and ST Mirren in under 3 years.
    A recent decision to tell the manager his position was safe for scraping us into the play offs when he took over with us joint top of the league was as bad as the selling of Armstrong and GMS.

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    12,500
    Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    Agree and have done for years. So OA, GB, AP etc etc how do you remove the divide between the supporters - you know head in sand, those who just wanna support the team and those who want to make change. Been what 2 years for the change pish and all i can read or hear is you blaming the head in sand brigade. Surely that because we (im a paid up but remote member) are **** at PR???

    whats the thoughts? blame everyone for being human and having different thoughts or do something constructive?

    I think both and every side need to wake up. Nobody has made any difference whatsoever in last 4 years.

    Keep shouting. Its not working.
    Unfortunately the only way we could have got rid of Thompson without giving him a penny was to force the club into ADMIN,i completely understand fans not wanting to do this but that was our only option.Lets face it with the damage he has caused the club he deserves nothing.
    If i was in his position and made an erse O it like he has i would have walked away but he is a different animal altogether,FACT.

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,414
    I agree with much of this 100% GB.

    The tragedy of the last few years has been the failure to hold ST to account.

    Some on here kept supporting ST well beyond the time it was clear he was causing real harm.

    I see the same thing happening now when we are told csaba should stay and we seem to have some putting it about that not looking to win this league might be acceptable.

  15. #55
    Time will tell if that's the case.

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,251
    Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Unfortunately the only way we could have got rid of Thompson without giving him a penny was to force the club into ADMIN,i completely understand fans not wanting to do this but that was our only option.Lets face it with the damage he has caused the club he deserves nothing.
    If i was in his position and made an erse O it like he has i would have walked away but he is a different animal altogether,FACT.
    Agree - i am totally at a loss here. I dont blame head in sand brigade as lets be honest they keep club going to an extent. Hardcore stopping away games isnt going to hit things.

    Havent been to a meeting but paid up member - one of the town chaps. But what the **** do we do eh??

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,251
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Time will tell if that's the case.

    No its true TTT but we had all hoped things were changing. We had hope it didnt happen. I am now for boycotting STs in 3015 if things domt improve

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,988
    What's happened to Fans United? Had a wee look on their website but nothing on it since March. There seems to be some links to Facebook but I'm not on any social media. Can someone tell me if they are still active.

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    What's happened to Fans United? Had a wee look on their website but nothing on it since March. There seems to be some links to Facebook but I'm not on any social media. Can someone tell me if they are still active.
    My whole point. comms are ****. Needs a regeneration. Times changing for many arabs.

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,114
    Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Unfortunately the only way we could have got rid of Thompson without giving him a penny was to force the club into ADMIN,i completely understand fans not wanting to do this but that was our only option.Lets face it with the damage he has caused the club he deserves nothing.
    If i was in his position and made an erse O it like he has i would have walked away but he is a different animal altogether,FACT.
    Boycotting was the only anwser. No point now since 3.5K have bought season ticket's and now that their money's been handed over they have to accept another season of lies and spins like yesterday.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •