Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 83

Thread: Takeover apparently dead

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,251
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerTheAlien View Post
    Boycotting was the only anwser. No point now since 3.5K have bought season ticket's and now that their money's been handed over they have to accept another season of lies and spins like yesterday.
    yup - to an extent. Think wider think disruptive.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,071
    There is a fundamental problem that will not disappear in this everlasting debate: there are too many who are making it personal and divisive. There are too many that are trying to claim some moral superiority over they way the support United or they views they hold. But it is all hot air as the reality is the only direct action that United fans could have taken would have endangered the future of the club through admin of liquidation. We are powerless and no amount of bluster and bluff on here will change that. There isn't a single Arab that wants this situation to continue but until somebody steps up that isn't going to happen. All that will happen now is we'll get the people form all the various fractions believing everything they hear or read when it suits their argument and dismissing anything they hear or read that counters their arguments as rumours or lies. We'll get those that simple complain or predict everything will be a disaster, then claim clairvoyance (ignoring all the times they've been wrong as I'm sure we're supposed to have been relegated to the Highland League by now and gone out of business at least 4 times) Nothing they have done has made any difference. Nothing the people who simply want to watch their football team have done has made any difference. Nothing anything any fan that doesn't think Steven Thompson is the devil incarnate has done has made any difference. But still I've got my head in the sand so what would I know?

  3. #63
    Agree 100% Juan.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,251
    Quote Originally Posted by JuanShoe View Post
    There is a fundamental problem that will not disappear in this everlasting debate: there are too many who are making it personal and divisive. There are too many that are trying to claim some moral superiority over they way the support United or they views they hold. But it is all hot air as the reality is the only direct action that United fans could have taken would have endangered the future of the club through admin of liquidation. We are powerless and no amount of bluster and bluff on here will change that. There isn't a single Arab that wants this situation to continue but until somebody steps up that isn't going to happen. All that will happen now is we'll get the people form all the various fractions believing everything they hear or read when it suits their argument and dismissing anything they hear or read that counters their arguments as rumours or lies. We'll get those that simple complain or predict everything will be a disaster, then claim clairvoyance (ignoring all the times they've been wrong as I'm sure we're supposed to have been relegated to the Highland League by now and gone out of business at least 4 times) Nothing they have done has made any difference. Nothing the people who simply want to watch their football team have done has made any difference. Nothing anything any fan that doesn't think Steven Thompson is the devil incarnate has done has made any difference. But still I've got my head in the sand so what would I know?
    apart from a few paras and spacing some of that is very true. Think a lot of done a lot and made **** all difference. Think a lot doing a lot in a more focused manner will turn this club around.

    We have have the revolt. We need revolution.

    Someone said the aim is divide and conquer is conflict. GB said utd have done this to fans so why the phuck havent we ????

    STOP BLAMING EACH OTHER.

    We dont need the head in sands (or as i would like to say just fans).

    Any leaders out there??

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,071
    We don't need a leader for a revolution, we need somebody with business acumen and the capital to invest who is prepared to meet the conditions of sale. Pure and simple. Che Guevara could be an Arab but it still wouldn't make a difference until a sale is made. We would all love to able to do something. I got an email at the start of my holiday saying I had won something on the lottery. Due to being abroad I couldn't find out how much I had won. I spent most of the flight home planning out how I could buy the club, invest in the youth set-up and improve the catering. Unfortunately unless Steven Thompson is prepared to accept a bid of £5.40 it won't be happening. We need to try and affect what we can by getting behind the team and supporting them. That's really the only tangible thing we can do.
    Last edited by JuanShoe; 11-07-2018 at 11:08 PM.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    12,500
    Quote Originally Posted by JuanShoe View Post
    We don't need a leader for a revolution, we need somebody with business acumen and the capital to invest who is prepared to meet the conditions of sale. Pure and simple. Che Guevara could be an Arab but it still wouldn't make a difference until a sale is made. We would all love to able to do something. I got an email at the start of my holiday saying I had won something on the lottery. Due to being abroad I couldn't find out how much I had won. I spent most of the flight home planning out how I could buy the club, invest in the youth set-up and improve the catering. Unfortunately unless Steven Thompson is prepared to accept a bid of £5.40 it won't be happening. We need to try and affect what we can by getting behind the team and supporting them. That's really the only tangible thing we can do.
    The problem with this is its a death by a thousand cuts,the season ticket sales are sliding but at a slower rate than i had envisaged.The budget will continue to be cut and the team on the park will continue to deteriorate,that's not a guess or a look into the future that's what's happening every season since relegation.
    To make matters worse for the club we now have a poor team with an even poorer manager which in my opinion makes it impossible to win promotion,the boardroom decision to keep the current manager on should have led to a boycott or a withholding of season ticket money but supporter's who know the manager is useless just keep saying,"Well what else can i do on a Saturday?" or "Ehm no going shopping we the wife."

  7. #67
    As difficult as it may be for you to believe, some of us still have faith in Csaba.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,071
    To be honest, I wasn't overly convinced Csaba should have stayed. However I get a feeling of positivity from the way he and Martin have gone about their business and the noises I've heard. Still a long way to go and things need to translate into an improvement. I believe we will go up this year. There I said it.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by JuanShoe View Post
    To be honest, I wasn't overly convinced Csaba should have stayed. However I get a feeling of positivity from the way he and Martin have gone about their business and the noises I've heard. Still a long way to go and things need to translate into an improvement...
    This is kinda where I am at the moment. I like Csaba's work ethic, and does appear to be right up for the challenge ahead.

    I do worry about Csaba though. I mean, to actually play thon bloke Emil Lyng. What on earth accounts for that? There is no viable excuse that I can think of. If Csaba doesn't recognise that Lyng was absolute mince, is he really cut out to be Manager/Head Coach at DUFC?

    Time will tell. Hopefully, hopefully the Lyng thing was just some temporary moment of insanity.

    One thing I am not very happy with is that whilst we have a chief scout for Scotland (Bow) and one for England (Luggy) we don't have anyone covering Europe or RoW. There is bound to be good value to be had outside of the domestic scene. But if you aint looking there then you are no' gonna find anyone.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,988
    Is boycotting season tickets the only solution available? I asked previously if Fans United are still on the go or if they have just given up and I've still heard nothing and Shedboy 71 started a thread re fans groups in which I thought the boycotters would maybe jump on and maybe have plans for something a bit more pro active eg a demo or at least a meeting for suggestions at the least.

    Fans that have bought season tickets seem to be getting demonised by the boycotters but I'm still not seeing ANY real alternatives that all or most United fans can get involved in to get Thompson out.

    Are there any posters on here involved with Fans United? Or has this just fizzled out?

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    954
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    As difficult as it may be for you to believe, some of us still have faith in Csaba.
    Yup, I've been really impressed by his attitude recently

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    16,626
    Quote Originally Posted by JuanShoe View Post
    We don't need a leader for a revolution, we need somebody with business acumen and the capital to invest who is prepared to meet the conditions of sale. Pure and simple. Che Guevara could be an Arab but it still wouldn't make a difference until a sale is made. We would all love to able to do something. I got an email at the start of my holiday saying I had won something on the lottery. Due to being abroad I couldn't find out how much I had won. I spent most of the flight home planning out how I could buy the club, invest in the youth set-up and improve the catering. Unfortunately unless Steven Thompson is prepared to accept a bid of £5.40 it won't be happening. We need to try and affect what we can by getting behind the team and supporting them. That's really the only tangible thing we can do.



    He probably would accept that, then just as you're about to sign, demand £7.50, a shot of your Wife and your first born Grandchild's piggy bank.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,071
    Or maybe he'd ask to see details of the funds that I had promised to put into the club. Maybe

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,849
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    As difficult as it may be for you to believe, some of us still have faith in Csaba.
    Believe we may not, but understanding it is harder!

    If Shabba was putting Ding-a-Lyng up as an example of "This is the skite ive had to work with" without actually being able to say so, then that just compounds why he should not be given a chance!

    Sad thing is though, because of my own suspicions on recruitment pre-MM, i am still willing to give Shabba that one chance!

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dundee
    Posts
    18,121
    Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    Agree and have done for years. So OA, GB, AP etc etc how do you remove the divide between the supporters - you know head in sand, those who just wanna support the team and those who want to make change. Been what 2 years for the change pish and all i can read or hear is you blaming the head in sand brigade. Surely that because we (im a paid up but remote member) are **** at PR???

    whats the thoughts? blame everyone for being human and having different thoughts or do something constructive?

    I think both and every side need to wake up. Nobody has made any difference whatsoever in last 4 years.

    Keep shouting. Its not working.
    Impossible to change peoples opinions, some just cant see it. As for me blaming the head in sand brigade thats not strictly true... please find me a post where i blame anyone OTHER than ST. yes i've had many 'discussions' with people on here and various forums who see no wrong doing from MR A. but they are not to blame for the mess we're in, they didnt sell all our assets, appoint mixu etc. wasnt them.
    Last edited by offshore_arab83; 13-07-2018 at 02:41 AM.

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dundee
    Posts
    18,121
    Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Unfortunately the only way we could have got rid of Thompson without giving him a penny was to force the club into ADMIN,i completely understand fans not wanting to do this but that was our only option.Lets face it with the damage he has caused the club he deserves nothing.
    If i was in his position and made an erse O it like he has i would have walked away but he is a different animal altogether,FACT.
    but he wont walk away G, holding on trying to squeeze every last penny he can!!! FACT

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dundee
    Posts
    18,121
    Quote Originally Posted by JuanShoe View Post
    We don't need a leader for a revolution, we need somebody with business acumen and the capital to invest who is prepared to meet the conditions of sale. Pure and simple. Che Guevara could be an Arab but it still wouldn't make a difference until a sale is made. We would all love to able to do something. I got an email at the start of my holiday saying I had won something on the lottery. Due to being abroad I couldn't find out how much I had won. I spent most of the flight home planning out how I could buy the club, invest in the youth set-up and improve the catering. Unfortunately unless Steven Thompson is prepared to accept a bid of £5.40 it won't be happening. We need to try and affect what we can by getting behind the team and supporting them. That's really the only tangible thing we can do.
    Good post

  18. #78
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,130
    I like your sentiment Juan and I would highlight the last two sentences.
    Yes it is very frustrating not knowing what's going on but as Juan says, all that all we can do is make it to Tannadice tomorrow, those that can.

    Just a watchword tho, for every Che Guevara there is an Adolf Hitler.
    New regimes can often make things worse.
    There are as many bad examples of this as there are successful takeovers.

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valencia Spain
    Posts
    10,554
    Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    I like your sentiment Juan and I would highlight the last two sentences.
    Yes it is very frustrating not knowing what's going on but as Juan says, all that all we can do is make it to Tannadice tomorrow, those that can.

    Just a watchword tho, for every Che Guevara there is an Adolf Hitler.
    New regimes can often make things worse.
    There are as many bad examples of this as there are successful takeovers.
    So keep ST instead of John Gibson? haha yeah, brilliant.

    I noticed you posted that on tek and got shot down there too.

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,130
    Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    So keep ST instead of John Gibson? haha yeah, brilliant.

    I noticed you posted that on tek and got shot down there too.
    You're putting words into my mouth.
    I'm saying just don't assume it's gonna be milk & honey whoever takes over.
    It may, it may not.

    OK it's 2002 and Eddie Thompson finally buys the Club from Jim McLean after constant rebuffs - Jim didn't like Eddie but eventually liked the colour of his money. Was Eddie a knight in shining armour? Or a man responsible for where we are today?

    Answers on a postcard.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •