+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Takeover apparently dead

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    As difficult as it may be for you to believe, some of us still have faith in Csaba.
    Yup, I've been really impressed by his attitude recently

Quote Originally Posted by JuanShoe View Post
    We don't need a leader for a revolution, we need somebody with business acumen and the capital to invest who is prepared to meet the conditions of sale. Pure and simple. Che Guevara could be an Arab but it still wouldn't make a difference until a sale is made. We would all love to able to do something. I got an email at the start of my holiday saying I had won something on the lottery. Due to being abroad I couldn't find out how much I had won. I spent most of the flight home planning out how I could buy the club, invest in the youth set-up and improve the catering. Unfortunately unless Steven Thompson is prepared to accept a bid of £5.40 it won't be happening. We need to try and affect what we can by getting behind the team and supporting them. That's really the only tangible thing we can do.

He probably would accept that, then just as you're about to sign, demand £7.50, a shot of your Wife and your first born Grandchild's piggy bank.

Or maybe he'd ask to see details of the funds that I had promised to put into the club. Maybe

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    As difficult as it may be for you to believe, some of us still have faith in Csaba.
    Believe we may not, but understanding it is harder!

If Shabba was putting Ding-a-Lyng up as an example of "This is the skite ive had to work with" without actually being able to say so, then that just compounds why he should not be given a chance!

Sad thing is though, because of my own suspicions on recruitment pre-MM, i am still willing to give Shabba that one chance!

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    Agree and have done for years. So OA, GB, AP etc etc how do you remove the divide between the supporters - you know head in sand, those who just wanna support the team and those who want to make change. Been what 2 years for the change pish and all i can read or hear is you blaming the head in sand brigade. Surely that because we (im a paid up but remote member) are **** at PR???

whats the thoughts? blame everyone for being human and having different thoughts or do something constructive?

I think both and every side need to wake up. Nobody has made any difference whatsoever in last 4 years.

Keep shouting. Its not working.
    Impossible to change peoples opinions, some just cant see it. As for me blaming the head in sand brigade thats not strictly true... please find me a post where i blame anyone OTHER than ST. yes i've had many 'discussions' with people on here and various forums who see no wrong doing from MR A. but they are not to blame for the mess we're in, they didnt sell all our assets, appoint mixu etc. wasnt them.
    Last edited by offshore_arab83; 13-07-2018 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Unfortunately the only way we could have got rid of Thompson without giving him a penny was to force the club into ADMIN,i completely understand fans not wanting to do this but that was our only option.Lets face it with the damage he has caused the club he deserves nothing.
    If i was in his position and made an erse O it like he has i would have walked away but he is a different animal altogether,FACT.
    but he wont walk away G, holding on trying to squeeze every last penny he can!!! FACT

Quote Originally Posted by JuanShoe View Post
    We don't need a leader for a revolution, we need somebody with business acumen and the capital to invest who is prepared to meet the conditions of sale. Pure and simple. Che Guevara could be an Arab but it still wouldn't make a difference until a sale is made. We would all love to able to do something. I got an email at the start of my holiday saying I had won something on the lottery. Due to being abroad I couldn't find out how much I had won. I spent most of the flight home planning out how I could buy the club, invest in the youth set-up and improve the catering. Unfortunately unless Steven Thompson is prepared to accept a bid of £5.40 it won't be happening. We need to try and affect what we can by getting behind the team and supporting them. That's really the only tangible thing we can do.
    Good post

I like your sentiment Juan and I would highlight the last two sentences.
    Yes it is very frustrating not knowing what's going on but as Juan says, all that all we can do is make it to Tannadice tomorrow, those that can.

Just a watchword tho, for every Che Guevara there is an Adolf Hitler.
    New regimes can often make things worse.
    There are as many bad examples of this as there are successful takeovers.

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    I like your sentiment Juan and I would highlight the last two sentences.
    Yes it is very frustrating not knowing what's going on but as Juan says, all that all we can do is make it to Tannadice tomorrow, those that can.

Just a watchword tho, for every Che Guevara there is an Adolf Hitler.
    New regimes can often make things worse.
    There are as many bad examples of this as there are successful takeovers.
    So keep ST instead of John Gibson? haha yeah, brilliant.

I noticed you posted that on tek and got shot down there too.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    So keep ST instead of John Gibson? haha yeah, brilliant.

I noticed you posted that on tek and got shot down there too.
    You're putting words into my mouth.
    I'm saying just don't assume it's gonna be milk & honey whoever takes over.
    It may, it may not.

OK it's 2002 and Eddie Thompson finally buys the Club from Jim McLean after constant rebuffs - Jim didn't like Eddie but eventually liked the colour of his money. Was Eddie a knight in shining armour? Or a man responsible for where we are today?

Answers on a postcard.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)