+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Takeover apparently dead

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Sad ST still in charge. That’s it basically. Wish someone could buy him out - obviously what he is asking for is not attractive / realistic? Who knows but I fear it’s united that suffers
    Of course United suffer. He's like a big black cloud hanging over Tannadice and we can't move forward until he goes for good.
    Glad a statement due from Mr Gibson as would like some clarity being a member of DUSF.
    Thought it was an American consortium said at the AGM? Is lying to it's supporters the United Way?

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Sad ST still in charge. That’s it basically. Wish someone could buy him out - obviously what he is asking for is not attractive / realistic? Who knows but I fear it’s united that suffers
    Of course United suffer. He's like a big black cloud hanging over Tannadice and we can't move forward until he goes for good.
    Glad a statement due from DUSF as would like some clarity being a member.
    Thought it was an American consortium said at the AGM? Is lying to it's supporters the United Way?

Perhaps DUSF should have waited a little longer in writing their statement rather than rushing to satisfy Frank. The statement (as posted on another forum) looks like a 9 year old wrote it.

And here in lies the biggest problem to moving forward; there are just too many people, groups and factions with their own agendas and personal issues to ever move forward cohesively.

Quote Originally Posted by JuanShoe View Post
    Perhaps DUSF should have waited a little longer in writing their statement rather than rushing to satisfy Frank. The statement (as posted on another forum) looks like a 9 year old wrote it.

And here in lies the biggest problem to moving forward; there are just too many people, groups and factions with their own agendas and personal issues to ever move forward cohesively.
    I found their statement reassuring. If it is indeed an honest account then it is fair enough. However I still have my longstanding suspicions. But I would not say that makes DUSF bad. Im just wary.

We need one United fans group. Just one.

500 k apparently was the figure.

That works out at 140 quid per current season ticket holder.

Surely not beyond the ability of the fan base to put that kind of cash together?

Know John personally. The guy bleeds tangerine. It was him who originally set up the Romanov deal before Eddie got cold feet. He's an astute businessman and no mug. Something has clearly pissed him off here. I'm sure all will be revealed in due time. He's not one to hold back.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    I found their statement reassuring. If it is indeed an honest account then it is fair enough. However I still have my longstanding suspicions. But I would not say that makes DUSF bad. Im just wary.

Surely not beyond the ability of the fan base to put that kind of cash together?
    A wee while back I played fives with a guy who, amongst other jobs, advises and helps with fan ownership of clubs. He mentioned he was recently up talking to various United supporter groups. I offered a brief synopsis of my concerns regarding the petty, vocal and unprofessional aspects to most of these groups. He concurred and said we were in no position to go forward in that direction. If anything those aspects have only gotten worse. We all want an end to this saga but fan ownership is not the right option at the moment. This whole thing is turning far too much into modern politics.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post

And will we not need money to run the club with too?

Would require ongoing donations I would assume in addition to good governance taking the club into a positive financial situation ie. Break even each year.

Interesting that 500k almost got the job done. A lot of folk said he wanted millions.

Now that we finally have a name and bid from a potential owner, and if as stated the deal was agreed only for snake to move the goalposts.
    What chance of Mr Gibson disbanding from the Foundation, speaking to and joining up the different factions to form his own pressure group? We are in an unacceptable position to start a season. Also MM needs to explain the American consortium speel he peddled at the AGM, as at the moment it appears we were lied to.

What about Gillian Bayford? Is she not an Arab?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)