+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Takeover apparently dead

Takeover apparently dead

According to Jim Spence on Twitter.

"Deal dead for Stephen Thompson’s majority shares sale in @dundeeunitedfc
    Potential buyer John Gibson, has pulled, out saying unacceptable conditions were being imposed after he thought he had a deal. Doesn’t sound like it’ll be resuscitated. Perhaps current board will buy !"

Sun reporting that it's a consortium led by Gibson including other local wealthy fans.

Gibson distanced himself when asked about it.

This John Gibson is a director of DUSF. The same foundation which publicly asked for potential investors to talk to them in April 18.

Did Dusf know about the Gibson led bid? How many dusf directors were members of the consortium?

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/spor...dundee-united/

Something sitting a little uncomfortably in this for me.

Would Gibson be making decisions as a director of dusf to release member funds to the club if he then owned DUFC? Surely not.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    This John Gibson is a director of DUSF. The same foundation which publicly asked for potential investors to talk to them in April 18.

Did Dusf know about the Gibson led bid? How many dusf directors were members of the consortium?

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/spor...dundee-united/

Something sitting a little uncomfortably in this for me.

Would Gibson be making decisions as a director of dusf to release member funds to the club if he then owned DUFC? Surely not.
    Well i've been a member of DUSF since the end of last year and didn't know a thing about it.

My direct debit will be cancelled today.

Also conveniently not one of the directors facing election this year.

Starting to worry that he and others setup dusf after his failed Feb 17 bid as vehicle to strengthen their takeover bid. Working capital from some dusf funds.

Of course they may then Ha be come straight after the takeover went through and said they'll sell to dusf over time like Budge and Foundation of Hearts?

Questions need answered I think.

Like how ethical is it to be director of a fan group saying you won't invest foundation funds into the club whilst the guy whose shares you are secretly after is majority shareholder?
    Last edited by PortugueseFrank; 10-07-2018 at 01:55 PM.

Also conveniently not one of the directors facing election this year.

Starting to worry that he and others setup dusf after his failed Feb 17 bid as vehicle to strengthen their takeover bid. Working capital from some dusf funds.

Of course they may then Ha be come straight after the takeover went through and said they'll sell to dusf over time like Budge and Foundation of Hearts?

Questions need answered I think.

Like how ethical is it to be director of a fan group saying you won't invest foundation funds into the club whilst the guy whose shares you are secretly after is majority shareholder?

I think 'Frank' that you omit to say that the real villains of the piece are Thompson and Martin.

The Foundation was set up well in advance of Feb 17th.

John there is no doubt made an previous offer but was told to 'do one' as his offer was not acceptable.

Subsequently the Americans have probably done a runner once they got access to the books.

My take is that Thompson out of options has turned to Gibson in the last couple of weeks....I think Spence who is one Thompsons few remaining mates is stirring it up to squeeze a few more bob.

The Foundation funds are not being used in any shape of form for this. I for one would resign if that was the case.

Where we go from here is anyones guess, but again its Thompson and Martin who are leading the fans a merry dance.

DUSF was founded on 14 March 2017 by Gibson and others one month after his failed bid. Coincidence?

I never suggested DUSF funds would be used to fund the share purchase.

I am saying there are questions to be answered regarding how much DUSF knew about Gibson's bid and the ethics of his involvement in DUSF while standing to gain in terms of his negotiating position from the Foundation policy of putting no money into the club whole ST is involved.

DUSF was founded on 14 March 2017 by Gibson and others one month after his failed bid. Coincidence?

I never suggested DUSF funds would be used to fund the share purchase.

I am saying there are questions to be answered regarding how much DUSF knew about Gibson's bid and the ethics of his involvement in DUSF while standing to gain in terms of his negotiating position from the Foundation policy of putting no money into the club whole ST is involved.
    Maybe not a case of poor ethics more a case of good business strategy?
    Just sayin...

If you are a member of the Foundation I'm sure you'll be seeing a statement from them shortly.
    As to John's personal motives and tactics, he's 10 times the Arab that Thompson ever was, but you'll have to ask him or read his personal statement which should be forthcoming soon.

Glad to hear info coming soon. Hopefully it clears up the concerns.

Sad ST still in charge. That’s it basically. Wish someone could buy him out - obviously what he is asking for is not attractive / realistic? Who knows but I fear it’s united that suffers

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)