+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Takeover apparently dead

Quote Originally Posted by RogerTheAlien View Post
    Boycotting was the only anwser. No point now since 3.5K have bought season ticket's and now that their money's been handed over they have to accept another season of lies and spins like yesterday.
    yup - to an extent. Think wider think disruptive.

There is a fundamental problem that will not disappear in this everlasting debate: there are too many who are making it personal and divisive. There are too many that are trying to claim some moral superiority over they way the support United or they views they hold. But it is all hot air as the reality is the only direct action that United fans could have taken would have endangered the future of the club through admin of liquidation. We are powerless and no amount of bluster and bluff on here will change that. There isn't a single Arab that wants this situation to continue but until somebody steps up that isn't going to happen. All that will happen now is we'll get the people form all the various fractions believing everything they hear or read when it suits their argument and dismissing anything they hear or read that counters their arguments as rumours or lies. We'll get those that simple complain or predict everything will be a disaster, then claim clairvoyance (ignoring all the times they've been wrong as I'm sure we're supposed to have been relegated to the Highland League by now and gone out of business at least 4 times) Nothing they have done has made any difference. Nothing the people who simply want to watch their football team have done has made any difference. Nothing anything any fan that doesn't think Steven Thompson is the devil incarnate has done has made any difference. But still I've got my head in the sand so what would I know?

Agree 100% Juan.

Quote Originally Posted by JuanShoe View Post
    There is a fundamental problem that will not disappear in this everlasting debate: there are too many who are making it personal and divisive. There are too many that are trying to claim some moral superiority over they way the support United or they views they hold. But it is all hot air as the reality is the only direct action that United fans could have taken would have endangered the future of the club through admin of liquidation. We are powerless and no amount of bluster and bluff on here will change that. There isn't a single Arab that wants this situation to continue but until somebody steps up that isn't going to happen. All that will happen now is we'll get the people form all the various fractions believing everything they hear or read when it suits their argument and dismissing anything they hear or read that counters their arguments as rumours or lies. We'll get those that simple complain or predict everything will be a disaster, then claim clairvoyance (ignoring all the times they've been wrong as I'm sure we're supposed to have been relegated to the Highland League by now and gone out of business at least 4 times) Nothing they have done has made any difference. Nothing the people who simply want to watch their football team have done has made any difference. Nothing anything any fan that doesn't think Steven Thompson is the devil incarnate has done has made any difference. But still I've got my head in the sand so what would I know?
    apart from a few paras and spacing some of that is very true. Think a lot of done a lot and made **** all difference. Think a lot doing a lot in a more focused manner will turn this club around.

We have have the revolt. We need revolution.

Someone said the aim is divide and conquer is conflict. GB said utd have done this to fans so why the phuck havent we ????

STOP BLAMING EACH OTHER.

We dont need the head in sands (or as i would like to say just fans).

Any leaders out there??

We don't need a leader for a revolution, we need somebody with business acumen and the capital to invest who is prepared to meet the conditions of sale. Pure and simple. Che Guevara could be an Arab but it still wouldn't make a difference until a sale is made. We would all love to able to do something. I got an email at the start of my holiday saying I had won something on the lottery. Due to being abroad I couldn't find out how much I had won. I spent most of the flight home planning out how I could buy the club, invest in the youth set-up and improve the catering. Unfortunately unless Steven Thompson is prepared to accept a bid of £5.40 it won't be happening. We need to try and affect what we can by getting behind the team and supporting them. That's really the only tangible thing we can do.
    Last edited by JuanShoe; 11-07-2018 at 11:08 PM.

We don't need a leader for a revolution, we need somebody with business acumen and the capital to invest who is prepared to meet the conditions of sale. Pure and simple. Che Guevara could be an Arab but it still wouldn't make a difference until a sale is made. We would all love to able to do something. I got an email at the start of my holiday saying I had won something on the lottery. Due to being abroad I couldn't find out how much I had won. I spent most of the flight home planning out how I could buy the club, invest in the youth set-up and improve the catering. Unfortunately unless Steven Thompson is prepared to accept a bid of £5.40 it won't be happening. We need to try and affect what we can by getting behind the team and supporting them. That's really the only tangible thing we can do.
    The problem with this is its a death by a thousand cuts,the season ticket sales are sliding but at a slower rate than i had envisaged.The budget will continue to be cut and the team on the park will continue to deteriorate,that's not a guess or a look into the future that's what's happening every season since relegation.
    To make matters worse for the club we now have a poor team with an even poorer manager which in my opinion makes it impossible to win promotion,the boardroom decision to keep the current manager on should have led to a boycott or a withholding of season ticket money but supporter's who know the manager is useless just keep saying,"Well what else can i do on a Saturday?" or "Ehm no going shopping we the wife."

As difficult as it may be for you to believe, some of us still have faith in Csaba.

To be honest, I wasn't overly convinced Csaba should have stayed. However I get a feeling of positivity from the way he and Martin have gone about their business and the noises I've heard. Still a long way to go and things need to translate into an improvement. I believe we will go up this year. There I said it.

To be honest, I wasn't overly convinced Csaba should have stayed. However I get a feeling of positivity from the way he and Martin have gone about their business and the noises I've heard. Still a long way to go and things need to translate into an improvement...
    This is kinda where I am at the moment. I like Csaba's work ethic, and does appear to be right up for the challenge ahead.

I do worry about Csaba though. I mean, to actually play thon bloke Emil Lyng. What on earth accounts for that? There is no viable excuse that I can think of. If Csaba doesn't recognise that Lyng was absolute mince, is he really cut out to be Manager/Head Coach at DUFC?

Time will tell. Hopefully, hopefully the Lyng thing was just some temporary moment of insanity.

One thing I am not very happy with is that whilst we have a chief scout for Scotland (Bow) and one for England (Luggy) we don't have anyone covering Europe or RoW. There is bound to be good value to be had outside of the domestic scene. But if you aint looking there then you are no' gonna find anyone.

Is boycotting season tickets the only solution available? I asked previously if Fans United are still on the go or if they have just given up and I've still heard nothing and Shedboy 71 started a thread re fans groups in which I thought the boycotters would maybe jump on and maybe have plans for something a bit more pro active eg a demo or at least a meeting for suggestions at the least.

Fans that have bought season tickets seem to be getting demonised by the boycotters but I'm still not seeing ANY real alternatives that all or most United fans can get involved in to get Thompson out.

Are there any posters on here involved with Fans United? Or has this just fizzled out?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)