Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 83

Thread: Takeover apparently dead

  1. #1

    Takeover apparently dead

    According to Jim Spence on Twitter.

    "Deal dead for Stephen Thompsonís majority shares sale in @dundeeunitedfc
    Potential buyer John Gibson, has pulled, out saying unacceptable conditions were being imposed after he thought he had a deal. Doesnít sound like itíll be resuscitated. Perhaps current board will buy !"

    Sun reporting that it's a consortium led by Gibson including other local wealthy fans.

    Gibson distanced himself when asked about it.

  2. #2
    This John Gibson is a director of DUSF. The same foundation which publicly asked for potential investors to talk to them in April 18.

    Did Dusf know about the Gibson led bid? How many dusf directors were members of the consortium?

    https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/spor...dundee-united/

    Something sitting a little uncomfortably in this for me.

    Would Gibson be making decisions as a director of dusf to release member funds to the club if he then owned DUFC? Surely not.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    This John Gibson is a director of DUSF. The same foundation which publicly asked for potential investors to talk to them in April 18.

    Did Dusf know about the Gibson led bid? How many dusf directors were members of the consortium?

    https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/spor...dundee-united/

    Something sitting a little uncomfortably in this for me.

    Would Gibson be making decisions as a director of dusf to release member funds to the club if he then owned DUFC? Surely not.
    Well i've been a member of DUSF since the end of last year and didn't know a thing about it.

    My direct debit will be cancelled today.

  4. #4
    Also conveniently not one of the directors facing election this year.

    Starting to worry that he and others setup dusf after his failed Feb 17 bid as vehicle to strengthen their takeover bid. Working capital from some dusf funds.

    Of course they may then Ha be come straight after the takeover went through and said they'll sell to dusf over time like Budge and Foundation of Hearts?

    Questions need answered I think.

    Like how ethical is it to be director of a fan group saying you won't invest foundation funds into the club whilst the guy whose shares you are secretly after is majority shareholder?
    Last edited by PortugueseFrank; 10-07-2018 at 01:55 PM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    Also conveniently not one of the directors facing election this year.

    Starting to worry that he and others setup dusf after his failed Feb 17 bid as vehicle to strengthen their takeover bid. Working capital from some dusf funds.

    Of course they may then Ha be come straight after the takeover went through and said they'll sell to dusf over time like Budge and Foundation of Hearts?

    Questions need answered I think.

    Like how ethical is it to be director of a fan group saying you won't invest foundation funds into the club whilst the guy whose shares you are secretly after is majority shareholder?

    I think 'Frank' that you omit to say that the real villains of the piece are Thompson and Martin.

    The Foundation was set up well in advance of Feb 17th.

    John there is no doubt made an previous offer but was told to 'do one' as his offer was not acceptable.

    Subsequently the Americans have probably done a runner once they got access to the books.

    My take is that Thompson out of options has turned to Gibson in the last couple of weeks....I think Spence who is one Thompsons few remaining mates is stirring it up to squeeze a few more bob.

    The Foundation funds are not being used in any shape of form for this. I for one would resign if that was the case.

    Where we go from here is anyones guess, but again its Thompson and Martin who are leading the fans a merry dance.

  6. #6
    DUSF was founded on 14 March 2017 by Gibson and others one month after his failed bid. Coincidence?

    I never suggested DUSF funds would be used to fund the share purchase.

    I am saying there are questions to be answered regarding how much DUSF knew about Gibson's bid and the ethics of his involvement in DUSF while standing to gain in terms of his negotiating position from the Foundation policy of putting no money into the club whole ST is involved.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valencia Spain
    Posts
    10,202
    Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    DUSF was founded on 14 March 2017 by Gibson and others one month after his failed bid. Coincidence?

    I never suggested DUSF funds would be used to fund the share purchase.

    I am saying there are questions to be answered regarding how much DUSF knew about Gibson's bid and the ethics of his involvement in DUSF while standing to gain in terms of his negotiating position from the Foundation policy of putting no money into the club whole ST is involved.
    Maybe not a case of poor ethics more a case of good business strategy?
    Just sayin...

  8. #8
    If you are a member of the Foundation I'm sure you'll be seeing a statement from them shortly.
    As to John's personal motives and tactics, he's 10 times the Arab that Thompson ever was, but you'll have to ask him or read his personal statement which should be forthcoming soon.

  9. #9
    Glad to hear info coming soon. Hopefully it clears up the concerns.

  10. #10
    Sad ST still in charge. Thatís it basically. Wish someone could buy him out - obviously what he is asking for is not attractive / realistic? Who knows but I fear itís united that suffers

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Dundee
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Sad ST still in charge. That’s it basically. Wish someone could buy him out - obviously what he is asking for is not attractive / realistic? Who knows but I fear it’s united that suffers
    Of course United suffer. He's like a big black cloud hanging over Tannadice and we can't move forward until he goes for good.
    Glad a statement due from Mr Gibson as would like some clarity being a member of DUSF.
    Thought it was an American consortium said at the AGM? Is lying to it's supporters the United Way?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Dundee
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Sad ST still in charge. That’s it basically. Wish someone could buy him out - obviously what he is asking for is not attractive / realistic? Who knows but I fear it’s united that suffers
    Of course United suffer. He's like a big black cloud hanging over Tannadice and we can't move forward until he goes for good.
    Glad a statement due from DUSF as would like some clarity being a member.
    Thought it was an American consortium said at the AGM? Is lying to it's supporters the United Way?

  13. #13
    Perhaps DUSF should have waited a little longer in writing their statement rather than rushing to satisfy Frank. The statement (as posted on another forum) looks like a 9 year old wrote it.

    And here in lies the biggest problem to moving forward; there are just too many people, groups and factions with their own agendas and personal issues to ever move forward cohesively.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by JuanShoe View Post
    Perhaps DUSF should have waited a little longer in writing their statement rather than rushing to satisfy Frank. The statement (as posted on another forum) looks like a 9 year old wrote it.

    And here in lies the biggest problem to moving forward; there are just too many people, groups and factions with their own agendas and personal issues to ever move forward cohesively.
    I found their statement reassuring. If it is indeed an honest account then it is fair enough. However I still have my longstanding suspicions. But I would not say that makes DUSF bad. Im just wary.

    We need one United fans group. Just one.

    500 k apparently was the figure.

    That works out at 140 quid per current season ticket holder.

    Surely not beyond the ability of the fan base to put that kind of cash together?

  15. #15
    Know John personally. The guy bleeds tangerine. It was him who originally set up the Romanov deal before Eddie got cold feet. He's an astute businessman and no mug. Something has clearly pissed him off here. I'm sure all will be revealed in due time. He's not one to hold back.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    I found their statement reassuring. If it is indeed an honest account then it is fair enough. However I still have my longstanding suspicions. But I would not say that makes DUSF bad. Im just wary.

    We need one United fans group. Just one.

    500 k apparently was the figure.

    That works out at 140 quid per current season ticket holder.

    Surely not beyond the ability of the fan base to put that kind of cash together?
    A wee while back I played fives with a guy who, amongst other jobs, advises and helps with fan ownership of clubs. He mentioned he was recently up talking to various United supporter groups. I offered a brief synopsis of my concerns regarding the petty, vocal and unprofessional aspects to most of these groups. He concurred and said we were in no position to go forward in that direction. If anything those aspects have only gotten worse. We all want an end to this saga but fan ownership is not the right option at the moment. This whole thing is turning far too much into modern politics.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    I found their statement reassuring. If it is indeed an honest account then it is fair enough. However I still have my longstanding suspicions. But I would not say that makes DUSF bad. Im just wary.

    We need one United fans group. Just one.

    500 k apparently was the figure.

    That works out at 140 quid per current season ticket holder.

    Surely not beyond the ability of the fan base to put that kind of cash together?
    And will we not need money to run the club with too?

  18. #18
    Would require ongoing donations I would assume in addition to good governance taking the club into a positive financial situation ie. Break even each year.

    Interesting that 500k almost got the job done. A lot of folk said he wanted millions.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Dundee
    Posts
    293
    Now that we finally have a name and bid from a potential owner, and if as stated the deal was agreed only for snake to move the goalposts.
    What chance of Mr Gibson disbanding from the Foundation, speaking to and joining up the different factions to form his own pressure group? We are in an unacceptable position to start a season. Also MM needs to explain the American consortium speel he peddled at the AGM, as at the moment it appears we were lied to.

  20. #20
    What about Gillian Bayford? Is she not an Arab?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •