+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When we should really be proud to be British...

When we should really be proud to be British...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44782132

Whether we win the World Cup or not with our overpaid, overrated footballers these are British chaps ( among other nationalities admittedly) who we should be really most proud of. Well done chaps!

Absolutely roly.

Pity about that diver that died though.

Even though they know the risks when they join up.

Agreed Grist. Very Sad. A brave fellow indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44782132

Whether we win the World Cup or not with our overpaid, overrated footballers these are British chaps ( among other nationalities admittedly) who we should be really most proud of. Well done chaps!
    Roly with the greatest respect I get where you are coming from with your compassionate post,however,why do I read another post where statements are made like yours.

'with our overpaid, overrated footballers'. When will anyone get it that a footballer is out to perform, manage their careers and entertain the general public in a role which is simply being employed to make a living.

For example, I dare say anyone of us would love to be in Harry Kane's boots and reap the adulation this young man is currently receiving. He wanted to play football and make a career out of it. Yes he's paid £1000's a week because clubs are stupid enough to pay these vast sums and secure the services of someone who they feel will entertain and deliver and drive their business.

Footballers are employed people like you and me looking for security for themselves and their families. Don't use quotes like overpaid and over rated when all they are doing is their job description.

So pleased the divers have saved all those young boys and their coach. My thoughts are with the poor ex navy diver that lost his life in such tragic circumstances. A great outcome but at a cost.

... debatable Brin and I consider my danny's slapped but some things are more important than footie(although you and Bill Shanks might disagree with me on that. )

Regardless of what the naysayers would like you to think we are actually very good at a lot of things

I'll aysay that

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Regardless of what the naysayers would like you to think we are actually very good at a lot of things
    We play all the right notes but not necessarily in the right order .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    We play all the right notes but not necessarily in the right order .
    Indeed Mr Preview...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast