+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tuesday Transfer Tittle Tattle

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Yes we do need Wilson for one simple reason he is better than anything we've got Don't understand this height and weight business what's that got to do with football As for selling Blackman think we will have to pay somebody to take him He looked terrible on Saturday

Agree with the size and weight anology Mista.

It's like the age thing, if your good enough...

If we end up with Wilson (I hope we do) then someone like Blackman is going to be so far back in the pecking order.

Looking like Mason Mount will join too which would be a right bonus. He's quality and likely to make a full England international in the future.

Will be some strong sides again this year but I think we might surprise a few.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Yes we do need Wilson for one simple reason he is better than anything we've got Don't understand this height and weight business what's that got to do with football As for selling Blackman think we will have to pay somebody to take him He looked terrible on Saturday
    In principle, nothing Mista. However, it's all about the balance, the mix. In the past we have had some great little uns like Carlin, Gemmill, Osman. How would a front 3 of 5 foot 7 or 8 ****agers fare against your average crunching Championship back 4. Cruijff was a brilliant player but I would not go for a midfield 3 of 3 Cruijff clones. He would need a Neeskens alongside him. A stopper who broke up play and gave him the ball.

More Tuesday Tittle Tattle........

From a journalist student I learned today that selling Vydra will free up space in the squad. The same student also said we were after Wilson, Jozefzoon and Shotton. I asked him how selling 1 and signing 3 would free up space in an already bloated squad?

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/by...to-be-secured/

Elsewhere I tread in the Birmingham Mail that we will be announcing the signing of John Terry today. So, our 3 main centre halves are in their 30's and we are going to bring in Terry and Shotton......... I despair.

I told the student that I really hope he turns out to be a proper sports journalist and not just another column inch filler of a hack. Harsh? I don't think so. I hope it will help him be more discerning in what he writes.

I also couldn't resist helping him with his English. Looking at his name I suspect he is foreign so I pointed out the 2 errors I could see so that he doesn't repeat them.

Bring in Shotton - dear God - still is long throws will come in handy with out midget forward line!

Sumptuous Sunday Salacious Scraps of rumoured transfers......

It is rumoured that GR wants to bid £10M for Lawro to replace Shaqiri.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKpY3lSehwU

Go for it

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Sumptuous Sunday Salacious Scraps of rumoured transfers......

It is rumoured that GR wants to bid £10M for Lawro to replace Shaqiri.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKpY3lSehwU
    It appears that he has, indeed, spent £10M on a wide attacker. That attacker is Tom Ince....... Even if there was ever any basis in the Lawro story, that will have gone as he won't be playing two luxury players in the same Stoke team.

More Monday Musings....

Martin, Thorne, Blackman, Butterfield and Hanson are all playing for the under 23s this morning.

All 5 surplus to requirements and so getting game time to get them fit enough to let go could be one possibility?

Martin is a strange one - the way FL seems to be setting up the formation and team seems very McClaren like, so surely a good fit for CM?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    More Monday Musings....

Martin, Thorne, Blackman, Butterfield and Hanson are all playing for the under 23s this morning.

All 5 surplus to requirements and so getting game time to get them fit enough to let go could be one possibility?
    All will be loans i suspect !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)