+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: York v BarnsleyFC

Entertaining game, first 20 mins York were up for the game and took a surprise lead after poor defending with Lindsay losing possession, but after Isgrove hit the crossbar it was all Barnsley. Most players performed well and did their chances of being in the starting 11 v Oxford no harm at all. Jackson and Lindsay poor both defending and distribution, Fryers not much better. Second half Pinnock was very good defending also in his ball distribution mainly to Mowatt who in a deeper role played well along with Moncur and Bird, so lots of options in midfield. Upfront lets hope Bradshaw and Moore stay with Thiam and Adeboy

Wo the many Barnsley fans theear Chops ?

Did Bradshaw pull art of any tackles ?

attendance 557 and guess around 150 - 200 Barnsley fans
    No Bradshaw was totally committed with a reight short back and sides razor job and actually had a strong collision with their goalie which stopped a goal but both slowly got up to continue, Moore also excellent first half with Bradders their movement and pace was good to the eye

I wouldn't be nervous about losing Bradshaw. I'm sure we'll get more than we paid for him and retain an interest in his future

We're being sarcy of course Ponty, but its not funny is it to see us constantly selling off our better players like this for an absolute pittance.
    First Bradshaw (which seems more likely now), and then goodness knows who else, maybe Moore, Lindsay, & Isgrove etc ?.

My view is that only players WANTING away will go. Does not make financial sense selling key players who potentially can get us straight back into the Championship. Bradshaw would love him to stay even if only for another season but he must have got rather pi**ed of last season up front isolated most games under PH with poor service then being benched when they start to put 2 upfront. If he has a 4 year offer from any Championship club even Millwall can we really blame him for pushing a deal through? BTW his attitude last night was spot on, very professional and looked ready for the season ahead.......I am Barnsley till I die but I know if I was the bread winner what I would do in his position.

Hey Choppers are you on Bbs by any chance with that same name, I just feel peckish whenever I think of the classic Barnsley chop and some mint sauce. Luvvly.

Ok lads, do we know if Bradshaw is one of those players who allegedly wanted to leave because they thought they deserved to stay in the Champship ? (and if not, who were these players btw because Id still like to know who they are!).
    IF these new owners have any ambition or any common sense about them, then surely they will see that Bradders can and will be an asset to us this season in Lg One. If they sell for the alleged £850k then they are pathetic and we can forget about promotion.
    Because that will not only sell off one of our goalscoring threats, it will also suggest to our other 'better' players that they can also leave to a bigger club for more money etc.

Nooo sorry Acido too busy to be on 2 forums - Also been known for a Barnsley Kiss before!!

Agree with your comments BUT as I have said in my earlier post can't really blame Bradshaw moving on. Yes some footballers get paid ridiculous amounts but also the owners of many clubs don't look after players or supporters just their own ego and pockets. Most footballers outside of the big time only have +/- 10 years to make a decent living for the rest of their lives.

Example Jon Parkin still playing for York he needs the money!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123