+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Notts v Basford

Notts v Basford

Half time, 3-0 to Notts. Not much of a real test, Notts in complete training mode, BUT, 1 player from the academy looks the real deal. Chinese lad, Dongha He, really composed and got a right old shot on him.

Quote Originally Posted by arnapie View Post
    Half time, 3-0 to Notts. Not much of a real test, Notts in complete training mode, BUT, 1 player from the academy looks the real deal. Chinese lad, Dongha He, really composed and got a right old shot on him.
    I thought Osbourne had a good game also..

Quote Originally Posted by arnapie View Post
    Let's bring him on in the first game of the season and get that fee up then!

Are our two new strikers injured?

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Both got slight knocks, so not being risked.

3-1 final score. A bit of a 'back down to earth' moment after Saturdays 17-0. Teams here...
    https://twitter.com/Official_NCFC/st...854664704?s=19

Any idea who the trialist in goal was?

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Who needs them when Jon Stead is on fire? (That was just for durham!) I think we might see one or both of them on Saturday.

As expected, it was a much sterner test than Rolls Royce. Basford are well organised and gave us nothing like the time and space we enjoyed against the pub team. The first half team was more impressive than the second, and I agree with arnapie that Dongda He looked to have a bit of potential. He seemed comfortable on the ball and has a decent shot in him. It will be interesting to see how he progresses. All in all a nice gentle start to pre-season where most of the squad have played 90 minutes, now on to the more serious stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Who needs them when Jon Stead is on fire? (That was just for durham!) I think we might see one or both of them on Saturday.

As expected, it was a much sterner test than Rolls Royce. Basford are well organised and gave us nothing like the time and space we enjoyed against the pub team. The first half team was more impressive than the second, and I agree with arnapie that Dongda He looked to have a bit of potential. He seemed comfortable on the ball and has a decent shot in him. It will be interesting to see how he progresses. All in all a nice gentle start to pre-season where most of the squad have played 90 minutes, now on to the more serious stuff.
    Hey Elite what do you think of the new home jersey? I wasn't sure about it at first but rather like it now...

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    3-1 final score. A bit of a 'back down to earth' moment after Saturdays 17-0. Teams here...
    https://twitter.com/Official_NCFC/st...854664704?s=19

Any idea who the trialist in goal was?
    No, but he looked ok and liked to throw the ball out.

From the 2 games, we can see a new way we're going to play. A nice steady build up keeping the ball and not 1 long ball. Way to go Notts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast