Get your very own personalised Turfites Talk gifts!

Thread: Gareth Southgate

Gareth Southgate

Are most British folk gullible ?

Just watched BBC News, on about Southgate, they had his old teacher on for a chat, and some are saying they should build a statue of Southgate somewhere, IMO England have done nothing yet, in the semi-final yes but played mediocre teams, the real tests will come tomorrow night against Croatia, and if we get past that then France, maybe if we win the next 2 games I may change my opinion of him, but at the moment he's done nothing out of the ordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Are most British folk gullible ?

Just watched BBC News, on about Southgate, they had his old teacher on for a chat, and some are saying they should build a statue of Southgate somewhere, IMO England have done nothing yet, in the semi-final yes but played mediocre teams, the real tests will come tomorrow night against Croatia, and if we get past that then France, maybe if we win the next 2 games I may change my opinion of him, but at the moment he's done nothing out of the ordinary.
    Fair assessment the only time we will play a higher ranked team will be in the Final - if we get there. Croatia are ranked lower than Colombia.

He's done a remarkable job in altering the perception of the England football team, but I agree, he's light years away from statue status yet.

I bet the people on here are a barrel of laughs at Christmas!

I fcuking hate Christmas! It's all about money and presents and stuffing faces with ridiculous amounts of food and getting plastered for a week. It's only Alf's favourite picture that keeps me going...

Name:  Just for Alf....jpg
Views: 73
Size:  9.5 KB