+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok both barrels you absolute Tos......

Maybe its because im still suffering the wembley woe! But for me actually being there is a lot worse than watching on TV.
    In my humble opinion Bruce failed me big time. I could have excused him if we actually gave it a go!

Hey peeps. Sorry, been away a while. Bruce has completely won me over. He should have walked after the crap our ownership and directors have pulled.

Hopefully we can survive the season and youth come through.

Sadly for me Oscar Borg and Abdo were released this week.

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Maybe its because im still suffering the wembley woe! But for me actually being there is a lot worse than watching on TV.
    In my humble opinion Bruce failed me big time. I could have excused him if we actually gave it a go!
    Not sure about that Dave. For me it has more to do with levels of expectation and emotional investment.
    I was at the Cup Final v Arsenal, believing that we had no chance. Sang all day, cheered em on with gusto for 90 mins, but inside I knew.
    I didn’t make the Play Off Final, but my little slice of Kilkenny was ‘festooned in Clarety Blue’. I believed that the manager had planned this his way to the Final since last August.
    ‘Sure it was all part of his master plan. Afterall, why else would he be totally clueless over 46 games?’.
    Why else would he ignore the pletherol of young talent at the club, only to loan youngsters fom other clubs? The same age and with the same inexperience as ours. Johnstone was even older.
    Of course Snoddy had saved all his decent deliveries for Wembley, why waste em over 46 games, eh?
    No mate, I was buzzin, and so unfortunately was the ‘young Villan’.
    That performance v Fulham was a disgrace. This, from the best squad in the league.
    Inside, I’m still angry about it now, whereas, I was over the Cup Final by the flight home.

Just makes you wonder, who coaches and manages these players?

Looks like he is on his way???

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Looks like he is on his way???

I am shocked that Henry could be appointed shortly. No managerial experience and we are going to lose the best man for the job out there to get us up. I bet Bruce is the next manager of the boggrolls after they sack whoever it is in charge. Can't remember his name.

What a joke. These new owners obviously have the same footballing nouce as lerners advisers

Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post
    I am shocked that Henry could be appointed shortly. No managerial experience and we are going to lose the best man for the job out there to get us up. I bet Bruce is the next manager of the boggrolls after they sack whoever it is in charge. Can't remember his name.

What a joke. These new owners obviously have the same footballing nouce as lerners advisers
    Steady on Sam, a bit previous here aren't we? No deals done yet. To take your points though :

1) Bruce is clearly not the best man for the job, were you at Wembley?
    2) Lerner's advisers' "football nounce" gave us O'Neill and top 6 finishes.
    3) If I have to be fair to the bogrolls they promoted one of their favourites and are prepared to give him a go. Like us with Little? (not shabby).
    4) Henry just might be Garde with better contacts in the game and a lot more money. And I mean that positively, I think Garde was fed a pup.

Oh well, I guess we'll see but looks like we are in a better place than when we walked out of Wembley in May (lowest ebb).

Quote Originally Posted by freer View Post
    Me too 😕

Quote Originally Posted by bbvilla View Post
    Steady on Sam, a bit previous here aren't we? No deals done yet. To take your points though :

1) Bruce is clearly not the best man for the job, were you at Wembley?
    2) Lerner's advisers' "football nounce" gave us O'Neill and top 6 finishes.
    3) If I have to be fair to the bogrolls they promoted one of their favourites and are prepared to give him a go. Like us with Little? (not shabby).
    4) Henry just might be Garde with better contacts in the game and a lot more money. And I mean that positively, I think Garde was fed a pup.

Oh well, I guess we'll see but looks like we are in a better place than when we walked out of Wembley in May (lowest ebb).
    No BB I wasn't at Wembley I watched it down the pub with 500 other fans. It was the toss of a coin game that we unfortunately didn't win. But Bruce has been successful 3 precious times getting teams up. And it wasn't lerners advisers that gave us O'NEIL it was a parting gift from Deadly

Im with Sam......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)