+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: England out of World Cup

England out of World Cup

With a referee who loves dishing cards against our players and the fact we are wearing white and again on ITV - it isn't looking good is it? Sterling will go running around again, with no end product. This will be tougher than the media make out. I really hope I'm wrong.

yep its all looking very ominous for us this time round

Lovely day outside, looking forward to the game tonight.

Tough challenge but hopefully it's one we'll overcome.

Ive said for theee weeks that we’d lose in the final to France and I’ll stick with that.

Close but no cigar.

As a nation it suits us far better to have an heroic “near miss” that we can replay time after time down the coming decades as we self fladulate........I’m fed up of seeing Bobby looking wistful with a tear in his eye and Waddle looking to the skies in search of his penalty in the last three weeks.

Lineker looking pained....Klinsmann looking smug,it’s far better this way.

28 years from now it’ll be John Stones looking sad as he hosts a panel including a smug Paul Pogba and we’ll see highlights of that night in 2018 when the goalden boot winner Harry Kane misses his penalty as the “surrender monkeys” pick up the trophy.

We do angst better than any other nation so why spoil it by winning.

I went to the pub v Sweden and there was a mass brawl after we won, so if we do get knocked out at least i will be able to look forward to a good old John Wayne fight.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Ive said for theee weeks that we’d lose in the final to France and I’ll stick with that.

Close but no cigar.

As a nation it suits us far better to have an heroic “near miss” that we can replay time after time down the coming decades as we self fladulate........I’m fed up of seeing Bobby looking wistful with a tear in his eye and Waddle looking to the skies in search of his penalty in the last three weeks.

Lineker looking pained....Klinsmann looking smug,it’s far better this way.

28 years from now it’ll be John Stones looking sad as he hosts a panel including a smug Paul Pogba and we’ll see highlights of that night in 2018 when the goalden boot winner Harry Kane misses his penalty as the “surrender monkeys” pick up the trophy.

We do angst better than any other nation so why spoil it by winning.
    Perfect!

Three more decades of re runs and “might of beens” before I pop my clogs.

I get a feeling for these sort of things!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)