+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Influx of players in to L2 from higher leagues

Influx of players in to L2 from higher leagues

Seems to a lot of players dropping down to L2 from L1, the Championship & even a few young uns from the premier league. Wonder if the overall standard of L2 will improve or; will these players be dragged down to L2 level? - just a thought!

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Seems to a lot of players dropping down to L2 from L1, the Championship & even a few young uns from the premier league. Wonder if the overall standard of L2 will improve or; will these players be dragged down to L2 level? - just a thought!
    "Oh well - never mind !"

How do you delete a thread?

Ha ha poor banjo, I'll answer mate, the standard will go up on the whole but they'll still be some clubs that are terrible when you look down our list of opponents.

Are there any stats that back this up? Players from the 3 higher leagues drop down to league 2 every season, not sure if this season is any different in numbers to previous seasons.

Thanks for taking the time to reply guys. I thought it could be a point of interest but there you go - C'est la vie

Thanks for taking the time to reply guys. I thought it could be a point of interest but there you go - C'est la vie
    Ok Banjo I'll join in 😂

It can only be good for league 2 and will definitely raise the level of football. Lower league players will surely benefit from playing alongside quality.

Seems to a lot of players dropping down to L2 from L1, the Championship & even a few young uns from the premier league.
    As CUSSPy says, this happens every season. I can only repeat his question, do you have any stats to suggest the numbers are greater than they usually are?