+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: banning

banning

ok just to ensure everyone knows trolling can be a banning offence i say can be

from urban dictionary
    Trolling
    The art of deliberately, cleverly, and secretly p1ssing people off, usually via the internet, using dialogue. Trolling does not mean just making rude remarks: Shouting swear words at someone doesn't count as trolling; it's just flaming, and isn't funny. Spam isn't trolling either; it p1sses people off, but it's lame.

The most essential part of trolling is convincing your victim that either a) truly believe in what you are saying, no matter how outrageous, or b) give your victim malicious instructions, under the guise of help.
    Trolling requires decieving; any trolling that doesn't involve decieving someone isn't trolling at all; it's just stupid. As such, your victim must not know that you are trolling; if he does, you are an unsuccesful troll.

from wikipedia
    In Internet slang, a troll (/troʊl, trɒl/) is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain

Quote Originally Posted by ronandtet View Post
    ok just to ensure everyone knows trolling can be a banning offence i say can be

from urban dictionary
    Trolling
    The art of deliberately, cleverly, and secretly p1ssing people off, usually via the internet, using dialogue. Trolling does not mean just making rude remarks: Shouting swear words at someone doesn't count as trolling; it's just flaming, and isn't funny. Spam isn't trolling either; it p1sses people off, but it's lame.

The most essential part of trolling is convincing your victim that either a) truly believe in what you are saying, no matter how outrageous, or b) give your victim malicious instructions, under the guise of help.
    Trolling requires decieving; any trolling that doesn't involve decieving someone isn't trolling at all; it's just stupid. As such, your victim must not know that you are trolling; if he does, you are an unsuccesful troll.

from wikipedia
    In Internet slang, a troll (/troʊl, trɒl/) is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain
    Aye there’s a few of them on this Forum.

can calling someone apeado or w4nker be a banning offence

people are more than aware what certian posters views on subjets are be it a player the owner a manager the advertising etc etc

putting up or starting threads so that this results in differing opinions is trolling

i curenetly have 3 posts up all with my name
    all with people slagging me off
    you even say yourself when i was away
    dont be surprised when he comes back and responds

i have chosen to ignore threads as i actually to a point beilieve in freedom of speech and thought

i dont agree with calling people peados or ****37rs

some of the replys on the wums thread (which was obviously put up to start arguments 0 or indeed is that not a trolling thread and should be removed maybe

i think the word is off topic
    if we are discussing the relationship between owner and manager or why we cant get players in surely thats not off topic
    indeed if we are discussing transfers recent and in the future
    surely thats not offt topic

seems this trolloing is just another lead to try and ban posters

by a different means
    if posters just keep coming up with this poster wont reply this poster is this this poster doesnt like miners etc etc
    this is of topic and is trolling
    surely

Just enough rope to hang ourselves it means pboro. It isn't aimed at anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Just enough rope to hang ourselves it means pboro. It isn't aimed at anyone else.
    dont we know that

the truth is
    if some had balls they would say they agree that raf has and is making mistakes

they would also say ash has done a lot of good for this club
    from where it was going

they would also say they found some of rafas footy was very negative
    or thos that go would if being honest

mind those that can debate
    arent the ones asking for trolling to be a banning offence

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    dont we know that

the truth is
    if some had balls they would say they agree that raf has and is making mistakes

they would also say ash has done a lot of good for this club
    from where it was going

they would also say they found some of rafas footy was very negative
    or thos that go would if being honest

mind those that can debate
    arent the ones asking for trolling to be a banning offence
    Very few willing to debate without crying foul and calling out troll or WUM when they can't get the upper hand.

Our days are numbered I think, pboro...or at least mine are.

To be fair Ghost, how can you disagree with pboro being a troll?

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    To be fair Ghost, how can you disagree with pboro being a troll?
    What about all the stuff aimed at him?
    Does that not count?

now why would you think its just aimed at you ? unless you are trolling lol

looking at the list of posters fm banned many have been banned because of "trolling" so i thought i,d just post the definition up so if anybody is banned they know why

Quote Originally Posted by ronandtet View Post
    now why would you think its just aimed at you ? unless you are trolling lol

looking at the list of posters banned many have been banned because of "trolling" so i thought i,d just post the definition up so if anybody is banned they know why
    Yeah, 3 years and over 3,000 posts, none of which are foul in content or language and yet I'm a troll.
    You're a mod on a forum that isn't exactly bustling and yet you want to dictate over trivialities and yet allow the vile to be allowed.

Just ban me now Ron, I'm done.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)