+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: England vs Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    At times against Colombia and tonight when we were under pressure we reverted to the 'old' England, giving possession away too easily, and you can't afford to do that with Modric and Rakitic about. HOWEVER, this is a young team and there has been plenty of evidence of a much more intelligent side taking shape, so the job now is to keep building on it and iron out the wrinkles. There will be other opportunities for many of these players.

As for Croatia, I really hope they win the World Cup now, not just for "anyone but the French" reasons, but because they've shown incredible levels of desire and fitness to come through three extra times, not to mention a fair amount of ability. On paper, they should be too knackered, but it was the Croat players chasing our centre halves down in the final minute of extra time!
    I think the French will have to much class and pace for Croatia.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    Pardon? I'm sat here with my England shirt on desperately wanting to win. No need to be offensive.
    Maybe you were , waiting for them to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I think the French will have to much class and pace for Croatia.
    In theory yes, but I thought we would! They're one plucky little country to be fair to them.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Why?
    Because we had utter and complete control of the game for the first 40 minutes. Bulwell Hall Utd would have ripped Argentina apart. Yes it's better than the Iceland game and it is a good sign for the next 5 years or so but phuck me.... we cacked it!!

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Maybe you were , waiting for them to fail.
    Tw#t

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Why? It was obvious that Croatia were class when they ripped Argentina apart. Modric, Rakitic and Perisic are world class players - stars for Real, Barca and Inter. We couldn't match that. Semis is a great achievement, disappointed to go out at that stage but it's light years better than 4 years ago or going out to Iceland
    Better than going out to Iceland, but not as entertaining as going out to Farmfoods.

We put out a team designed not to lose the game rather than an all out assualt on on victory yet lose we did.as for we will be better in 4 years !!! Maybe so but so will Brazil, Italy, Spain France and Germany . We don't breed a winning mentality even school sports day the cat lad who finished last gets more applause than the winner.gutted but simply not good enough tonight!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Because we had utter and complete control of the game for the first 40 minutes. Bulwell Hall Utd would have ripped Argentina apart. Yes it's better than the Iceland game and it is a good sign for the next 5 years or so but phuck me.... we cacked it!!
    Who had utter and complete control of the whole of the second half? I think you underestimate Croatia (and Argentina! who went out 4-3 to France the probable world champions). Got to check out Bulwell Hall Utd asap. Any players Notts could snap up?

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    Tw#t
    Bigger tw@t

Fat lad even!!! Fat lad is axwhole different load of fun

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast