+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: England vs Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post

You are one angry dude, you remind me of another guy who used to be on here from Russia or somewhere.
    He was thin skinned and always falling out with someone.
    I think we have been here you dick , ask driller .Another one who likes to wipe Elites arse.

ps. Your posts are generally boring.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    We played well for 20 mins then decided to try and defend it out, never works. Can't we launch the ball into the box anymore? 5 mins left and we were passing it up and down the field???? We wimped out when we should have gone in search of the 2nd goal, IMO.
    ...is the correct answer.....I was sat in a Mexican bar, cursing and swearing because we simply refused to push for the 2nd goal....why oh why did we try to defend such an early goal?....hats off to the Croats, they realised that we were not going to score another.....and simply waited their time.....sad day here.....I guess I have to wait another 50 years....grrrrrr

Navy, you need to calm down.....you are slagging off some decent people here......we are all hurting.....I am off for another beer....goodnight all

It’s not often as a patriotic englishman that I could dream of seeing England winning a World Cup
    We were soooooo close.
    We have let this one slip by tonight
    I don’t think Croatia were brilliant but there game management won them this game.
    If only eh
    But let’s say they have put some pride back into English football once again
    People believing once again and not flattering to deceive
    Football has come home and hopefully we give this current manager time to create something special
    A lot of young lads coming through the ranks
    Thankyou England for making me a believer once again
    COYP

We were not good enough, simple as, never were, never Willbe, play negative football and beat very medoicra teams that got us all excited about nothing, I'm gutted but used to that for last 50 years

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    I am hurting right now because England lost and you have to be offensive to a fellow Pie simply because I have a different opinion to you. You need to take a long hard look at yourself mate
    I'm afraid navypie has a similar mindset to those who wreck taxis, it's just that thankfully his loss of self control is limited to typing aggressive bullsh!t on his keyboard. Yet again he's managed to mention my name twice, even though I hadn't posted on this topic at all. I hope when he reads his garbage in the morning he'll be suitably embarrassed.

As for the game, I think we threw away a great opportunity of a World Cup final place by gifting two goals. Their first should have been Kyle Walker's defensive header all day long, but he didn't even jump. Their second was down to the scorer being awake while our defence had gone to sleep. For once there are no hard luck stories, no complaints about the officials, we just came up short in the end. It was still better than I expected, and was good fun while it lasted.

We don’t have any world class players, Croatia have two or three - and eventually that class told. It also helps if you have a midfielder who can pass the ball forwards or can run past an opponent.

I’ve loved this World Cup and it’s been great to see England go so far, but the bottom line remains the same: we always lose to good teams. We’ve done brilliantly with our set pieces, but you need more than that to beat the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Pies4u View Post
    Not Welbeck! Fortunately it is Vardy.

Got to say, Kane has been very poor tonight, reluctant to get forward & into scoring positions. He needs to step up now.
    Kane as been poor since the group stages there is something not right with him

At half time we had them on the ropes. there was only one team in it. Then we come out with that rubbish in the second half defending a lead against a team who are massively struggling against the way we are playing and have created nothing but a half chance all first half. I will NEVER understand managers who do that. We let Croatia back in and fair play to them they took their chance. i would much sooner lose to a team like that than a bunch of cheating South Americans etc but it was ours to lose and we delivered.

I've given Navy the week off for a lie down with a cold flannel on his forehead.

Just a reminder that whilst we all get a bit heated from time to time, persistent abuse of other posters will be dealt with.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast