+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steve mallan

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    In hindsight we shouldn't have brought in Williams and Gardner when we had Mowatt, Mallan, Moncur, Mcgeehan already in the squad. Mowatt and Mcgeehan can put a boot in if need be and it should have been a straight shoot out between Moncur and Mallan for the number 10 role.

Bad management cost us especially prematurely loaning our midfield out and playing Willams and Gardner together. Too negative and it cost us dear near the end.

People mock and snarl about Morais but the period under him saw us attack more and have more efforts.
    Williams and Gardner are defensive midfielders - the others can’t do that role.
    That’s why they were brought in - and we are still short of this type of player at the club - although Bird can do that job.

Morals was a foooking disaster - end of, full stop, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Williams and Gardner are defensive midfielders - the others can’t do that role.
    That’s why they were brought in - and we are still short of this type of player at the club - although Bird can do that job.

Morals was a foooking disaster - end of, full stop, period.
    I enjoyed the football under Morais better than the turgid hold out for a 0-0 under Heckingbottom. Which mostly resulted in defeat. Wasn't it 17 matches without a win or did I dream that?

It was sh*te under Hecky and yes I think he was taking us down.
    But we made a ridiculous mistake in bringing in Morais no doubt, and I wonder if he would have stayed on even if we'd avoided relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    It was sh*te under Hecky and yes I think he was taking us down.
    But we made a ridiculous mistake in bringing in Morais no doubt, and I wonder if he would have stayed on even if we'd avoided relegation.
    I agree. However, the football was better under Morais

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I agree. However, the football was better under Morais
    Using the SB Opinion Quotient I would make of broad judgement of Morais 15 games as follows--

Entertaining---Bristol C, Sheff Utd, Brentford, Bolton

Average--Norwich, Birmingham

Sh1te--Burton, Hull, Cardiff, Boro, Millwall, Forest, Ipswich, Leeds, Derby

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Using the SB Opinion Quotient I would make of broad judgement of Morais 15 games as follows--

Entertaining---Bristol C, Sheff Utd, Brentford, Bolton

Average--Norwich, Birmingham

Sh1te--Burton, Hull, Cardiff, Boro, Millwall, Forest, Ipswich, Leeds, Derby
    I haven't the time or inclination to devise such a post about Heckingbottom's tenure SBRed. It would be too long and drawn out with a dour monotone

Only took me five minutes Ponte. Not facts, just opinions.

When we're promoted back to the Championship Morais and Heckingbottom will be nothing but a distant memory

I was chatting on the St Mirren board last summer when we signed him, and he is/was highly rated there. And I also asked the Hibernian fans recently on their board, not surprisingly they think they've got a great signing there.
    So why on earth didnt it work out for him here ?.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast