+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Football. . .

Football. . .

is NO coming home !

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    is NO coming home !
    And thank Christ for that!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    And thank Christ for that!!!!!
    Tremendous display from the Croats in the second half and from a country with a population of only 4 million (England 53 million). Our neighbours did OK to get to the semi - final but lacked a top class playmaker in midfield like Modric who was brilliant.

Tremendous display from the Croats in the second half and from a country with a population of only 4 million (England 53 million). Our neighbours did OK to get to the semi - final but lacked a top class playmaker in midfield like Modric who was brilliant.
    Our neighbours need a reality check. Played 6 games lost 2 against teams they were unlikely to beat anyway.

Sheer relief when Croatia put them out. I have never encountered so much rubbish from the English commentators as in this World Cup. Excruciatingly jingoistic but at least we wont hear from them again. No doubt that England are World Class at dead ball situations but their lack of creativity in open play came back to bite them eventually. Croatia have now won through in three extra time games in a row. Would now like to see them win the final. Small country with even less of a population than Scotland. We have NO excuses.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 12-07-2018 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Sheer relief when Croatia put them out. I have never encountered so much rubbish from the English commentators as in this World Cup. Excruciatingly jingoistic but at least we wont hear from them again. No doubt that England are World Class at dead ball situations but their lack of creativity in open play came back to bite them eventually. Croatia have now won through in three extra time games in a row. Would now like to see them win the final. Small country with even less of a population than Scotland. We have NO excuses.

Why do you think smaller nations like Croatia , Iceland , Wales etc can qualify for major finals and Scotland can’t JR.

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Why do you think smaller nations like Croatia , Iceland , Wales etc can qualify for major finals and Scotland can’t JR.
    Hi mate . Id say it was a mixture of rotten luck( ref decision against Italy comes straight to mind) and more tellingly , poor players over the years . Funnily enough, I like the look of our best team now and am confident looking ahead that we can break this 20 year duck . 2017 was actually a very good year for the national team and indeed we were unbeaten in this calendar year. It was the form in 2016 that done us . Players like Tierney, Robertson and Armstrong give me hope for the future. ------- Of course because we havent qualified for so long , we have low FIFA rankings , making sure a difficult qualifying group always awaits . Anyway, enough excuses, Croatia , Wales etc have shown the way and we have to dig ourselves out of this hole.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 12-07-2018 at 07:49 PM.

This, exactly. But England came up against the first quality team they faced and fell short of the mark. Not good enough. Won’t pretend I didn’t take some pleasure in their demise but that was largely down to the pundits and the easy ride they had to the semi. Ferdinand (who I find a decent guy) predicted them winning 2 or 3 nil ffs. Wasn’t just Modric, who was superb, others in the Croation side were just a cut above anything England had to offer. And as you say JR what an achievement for a country with a 4 million population! I’d love to see them win it.
    Last edited by louisxiv; 12-07-2018 at 10:22 PM.

i predict a bright future for our scotland team over the next 10 years or so as we have a outstanding crop of youngsters coming through the 19s and 17s sides and robertson ,tierney ,mcginn and co will be the experienced players eventually ,if we can keep the gilmores and aw the lads from the young teams progressing we will and should b looking at our golden generation by the early 2020s .

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)