+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Amazing...

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    It was amazing and made me worry what i heard Scots-Welsh-Irish wishing England luck,and then on top of that all them celebrities sending messages,made me think ive seen this all before.
    Me too.
    And all the infantile drivel spouted forth on Radio 5 all day. Incredibly highly paid, supposedly mature adult presenters wittering away like excited kids waiting for Christmas. Truly awful! I hate to think what it would have been like had we actually got to the final.

At least we’ve all been spared that.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    It was amazing and made me worry what i heard Scots-Welsh-Irish wishing England luck,and then on top of that all them celebrities sending messages,made me think ive seen this all before.
    None of the two hats wanted us to win, let’s not kid ourselves. Keen could could barely hide h8s glee.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    Me too.
    And all the infantile drivel spouted forth on Radio 5 all day. Incredibly highly paid, supposedly mature adult presenters wittering away like excited kids waiting for Christmas. Truly awful! I hate to think what it would have been like had we actually got to the final.

At least we’ve all been spared that.
    Plenty of supposedly mature folk were gerrin excited to see England actually compete at a World Cup for a change Ronaldo ya grumpy owd chuff.Won't you be excited nar the Tour de Druggies will ger a bit more of the headlines?Radio 5? I thought you'd've been a Radio 1 fan mi owd pal. UTCB

That's the population of the UK, England has 56 million.
    Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    Make that England with 65 million

Quote Originally Posted by mahatmafoot View Post
    ..that a country like Croatia with a population of 4.25 million can get to the WCF and England with 56 million flop again. One day someones going to get rid of the s***s who run the Prem League for themselves and their bloated egos and have no bother about the international team. Still proud of the lads tonight but we are sadly lacking in World Class. Southgate deserves all the plaudits for getting us this far. Hope Croatia beat France.
    Yorkshire only has a population of 5 million though Mahat.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Plenty of supposedly mature folk were gerrin excited to see England actually compete at a World Cup for a change Ronaldo ya grumpy owd chuff.Won't you be excited nar the Tour de Druggies will ger a bit more of the headlines?Radio 5? I thought you'd've been a Radio 1 fan mi owd pal. UTCB
    Rod, the only good thing about getting old that I’ve found so far, is that people expect you to be a grumpy old chuff - and I really enjoy being one. Why people get so excited (or emotionally depressed) about football, I just don’t understand. It’s a game! It’s just a form of entertainment. It’s of little or no importance in the general scheme of things.

And yes, I am enjoying watching le tour. Of course, I will enjoy it all the more when they get to the mountains. That joy has yet to come. Naturally, I would like to see Froome, Thomas or Yates win the overall (or even the KOTM) but I won’t get unduly depressed if they don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    Rod, the only good thing about getting old that I’ve found so far, is that people expect you to be a grumpy old chuff - and I really enjoy being one. Why people get so excited (or emotionally depressed) about football, I just don’t understand. It’s a game! It’s just a form of entertainment. It’s of little or no importance in the general scheme of things.

And yes, I am enjoying watching le tour. Of course, I will enjoy it all the more when they get to the mountains. That joy has yet to come. Naturally, I would like to see Froome, Thomas or Yates win the overall (or even the KOTM) but I won’t get unduly depressed if they don’t.
    I still get excited by watchin THE BLADES,and i will be like a kid for a short while come the Swansea game at BDBL but i don't get too down for too long when we lose anymore. Football aint the be all and end all in my life,it's a very important part of my social life but nowt will ever come close to mi family for importance Ronaldo.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    I still get excited by watchin THE BLADES,and i will be like a kid for a short while come the Swansea game at BDBL but i don't get too down for too long when we lose anymore. Football aint the be all and end all in my life,it's a very important part of my social life but nowt will ever come close to mi family for importance Ronaldo.UTCB
    You are a very wise man. Remarkable in one so young!

He has friends who point him in the right direction when he strays off course

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast