+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: well done Yugoslavia

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Their arch-rivals are Banana
    Mike that is funny but all ar se

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    Can remember going to Elland Rd in early 70s to see Leeds v Hadjuk Split, Grist are Handuk their arch-rivals or is it the same team.?
    No lol it was a typo.

Hadjuk Split have an interesting setup. Their reserve team plays separately in the Croatian league 2nd division.

An idea that may soon come to our leagues

Btw Dinamo Zagreb are Hadjuk Split's main rivals.

When they play each other it's called the Eternal Derby

My uncle, a Millers fan, went to a few of the European games at Elland Road, including that one, and brought me back a programme. Don't think that I've still got it though.

I once knew a Hadjuk supporter who was a necrophiliac but then someone....

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I’ve been to Croatia 4 times in the last 5 years and I’ve always thought that they have much more national pride and unity than we have.

Around Split there’s massive support for Handuk Split and for miles around even the bus shelters are painted in their colours and nobody from alternative teams tries to vandalise them.

The homeland war did of course polarise the country even further and the national pride in Croatia grew from that. There are many Croatians that lost parents and children in the war, something England supporters can’t thankfully claim.
    We’re not allowed to have national pride in this country no more didn’t you know? It’s classed as racist to fly the national flag by the left as it offends the immigrants who come here for handouts an to push there beliefs on us. Immigration into Croatia will be pretty low also as the Balkan wars each country wanted to eliminate a certain religion culture.

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecarling View Post
    We’re not allowed to have national pride in this country no more didn’t you know? It’s classed as racist to fly the national flag by the left as it offends the immigrants who come here for handouts an to push there beliefs on us. Immigration into Croatia will be pretty low also as the Balkan wars each country wanted to eliminate a certain religion culture.
    Where do you get this rubbish from ? Surely you can't be saying that the "ethnic cleansing" in the Balkan wars was a good thing?

Where do you get this rubbish from ? Surely you can't be saying that the "ethnic cleansing" in the Balkan wars was a good thing?
    I wouldn't be too sure of that Mike

Never said it was, but it’s overlooked when it happens in other country’s Zimbabwe & South Africa to name two. Ethnic cleansing is now on the other foot.

But we are allowed to have national pride and it's not classed as racist to fly our flag as that would be ridiculous.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast