+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: well done Yugoslavia

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecarling View Post
    Never said it was, but it’s overlooked when it happens in other country’s Zimbabwe & South Africa to name two. Ethnic cleansing is now on the other foot.
    "Ethnic cleansing is now on the other foot"? What does that even mean?

He doesn't know what it means , he just comes out with ignorant drivel.

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecarling View Post
    We’re not allowed to have national pride in this country no more didn’t you know? It’s classed as racist to fly the national flag by the left as it offends the immigrants who come here for handouts an to push there beliefs on us. Immigration into Croatia will be pretty low also as the Balkan wars each country wanted to eliminate a certain religion culture.
    Weird as I've just spent a few evenings in the last few weeks cheering my country passionately, celebrating with loads of people wearing England sports kits and walking back waving at loads of cars with England flags flapping away. Been brilliant, but not in a poisonously nationalist way. There's a big difference.

Like every other country we have much to love and be proud of as well as much to learn. I sure every other country feels the same. Chill out Carling

I went to the Croatia v Denmark game at Hillsborough during Euro 96 .

The lad Suker lobbed Scmeichel for a sublime goal for Croatia .

We sat with the Croat's on leppings lane , most had fought through the balkans war my word they looked hard feckers , proper nut jobs , perfectly harmless with us but you wouldn't have waved a Serbian flag in their direction .

Really passionate about Croatia and their heritage .

I'll get mi Croat...

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I went to the Croatia v Denmark game at Hillsborough during Euro 96 .

The lad Suker lobbed Scmeichel for a sublime goal for Croatia .

We sat with the Croat's on leppings lane , most had fought through the balkans war my word they looked hard feckers , proper nut jobs , perfectly harmless with us but you wouldn't have waved a Serbian flag in their direction .

Really passionate about Croatia and their heritage .
    They are indeed.

But let’s not get mixed up here, the problems that caused the homeland war weren’t to do with place of birth, they were to do with religion and the culture that comes attached to that religion.

The growing influence of Islam was resented by many in that region and that resentment eventually caused the war.

There were of course atrocities on both sides.

One of the best opposition players I've ever seen at Oakwell was Croatia's Robert Prosineski .

He played for Pompey late in his career around 2002 I think and he was part of that great Croatian team from the 98 world cup , Boban , Suker and Billic .

Chuffin hell he was some player that night , tore us to shreds , absolute quality and a pleasure to watch the guy to be honest .

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    They are indeed.

But let’s not get mixed up here, the problems that caused the homeland war weren’t to do with place of birth, they were to do with religion and the culture that comes attached to that religion.

The growing influence of Islam was resented by many in that region and that resentment eventually caused the war.

There were of course atrocities on both sides.
    Just read about the Serbs and Croat's during WW2 .

On opposite sides of that little tare up too .

The old boy Tito did a remarkable job keeping a lid on that part of the world for as long as he did .

Just shows though that Croatia have performed massively better than Yugoslavia ever did , hardly surprising really when you read about the history in that part of europe .

Just read about the Serbs and Croat's during WW2 .

On opposite sides of that little tare up too .

The old boy Tito did a remarkable job keeping a lid on that part of the world for as long as he did .

Just shows though that Croatia have performed massively better than Yugoslavia ever did , hardly surprising really when you read about the history in that part of europe .

There are still plenty of folks in Croatia that preferred the old Yugoslavia set up, and also plenty that didn’t want Croatia to join the EU.

At least they were sensible enough not to convert to the euro currency

One of the best opposition players I've ever seen at Oakwell was Croatia's Robert Prosineski .

He played for Pompey late in his career around 2002 I think and he was part of that great Croatian team from the 98 world cup , Boban , Suker and Billic .

Chuffin hell he was some player that night , tore us to shreds , absolute quality and a pleasure to watch the guy to be honest .
    Remember him playing at Millmoor in a televised game, animal.

Hursty was put on to man-mark him & he hardly had a kick.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast