Most of Yugoslavia is now Serbia.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    in reaching the world cup final
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    in reaching the world cup final
    Yes but would they have if East Germany had not gone out early

Or if Archduke Ferdinand had no been assassinated

I’ve been to Croatia 4 times in the last 5 years and I’ve always thought that they have much more national pride and unity than we have.

Around Split there’s massive support for Handuk Split and for miles around even the bus shelters are painted in their colours and nobody from alternative teams tries to vandalise them.

The homeland war did of course polarise the country even further and the national pride in Croatia grew from that. There are many Croatians that lost parents and children in the war, something England supporters can’t thankfully claim.

I donít think any Croat as any more pride than me but then again go to Firth park & ask the same question.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    I don’t think any Croat as any more pride than me but then again go to Firth park & ask the same question.
    Not sure of the political point you are making here, but no doubt there is one

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I’ve been to Croatia 4 times in the last 5 years and I’ve always thought that they have much more national pride and unity than we have.

Around Split there’s massive support for Handuk Split and for miles around even the bus shelters are painted in their colours and nobody from alternative teams tries to vandalise them.

The homeland war did of course polarise the country even further and the national pride in Croatia grew from that. There are many Croatians that lost parents and children in the war, something England supporters can’t thankfully claim.
    Can remember going to Elland Rd in early 70s to see Leeds v Hadjuk Split, Grist are Handuk their arch-rivals or is it the same team.?

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    Can remember going to Elland Rd in early 70s to see Leeds v Hadjuk Split, Grist are Handuk their arch-rivals or is it the same team.?
    Their arch-rivals are Banana

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Their arch-rivals are Banana
    Mike that is funny but all ar se

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    No lol it was a typo.

Hadjuk Split have an interesting setup. Their reserve team plays separately in the Croatian league 2nd division.

An idea that may soon come to our leagues

Btw Dinamo Zagreb are Hadjuk Split's main rivals.

When they play each other it's called the Eternal Derby

My uncle, a Millers fan, went to a few of the European games at Elland Road, including that one, and brought me back a programme. Don't think that I've still got it though.

I once knew a Hadjuk supporter who was a necrophiliac but then someone....

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Iíve been to Croatia 4 times in the last 5 years and Iíve always thought that they have much more national pride and unity than we have.

Around Split thereís massive support for Handuk Split and for miles around even the bus shelters are painted in their colours and nobody from alternative teams tries to vandalise them.

The homeland war did of course polarise the country even further and the national pride in Croatia grew from that. There are many Croatians that lost parents and children in the war, something England supporters canít thankfully claim.
    Weíre not allowed to have national pride in this country no more didnít you know? Itís classed as racist to fly the national flag by the left as it offends the immigrants who come here for handouts an to push there beliefs on us. Immigration into Croatia will be pretty low also as the Balkan wars each country wanted to eliminate a certain religion culture.

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecarling View Post
    Weíre not allowed to have national pride in this country no more didnít you know? Itís classed as racist to fly the national flag by the left as it offends the immigrants who come here for handouts an to push there beliefs on us. Immigration into Croatia will be pretty low also as the Balkan wars each country wanted to eliminate a certain religion culture.
    Where do you get this rubbish from ? Surely you can't be saying that the "ethnic cleansing" in the Balkan wars was a good thing?

Where do you get this rubbish from ? Surely you can't be saying that the "ethnic cleansing" in the Balkan wars was a good thing?
    I wouldn't be too sure of that Mike

Never said it was, but itís overlooked when it happens in other countryís Zimbabwe & South Africa to name two. Ethnic cleansing is now on the other foot.

But we are allowed to have national pride and it's not classed as racist to fly our flag as that would be ridiculous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast