+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: well done Yugoslavia

well done Yugoslavia

in reaching the world cup final

Most of Yugoslavia is now Serbia.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    Yes but would they have if East Germany had not gone out early

Or if Archduke Ferdinand had no been assassinated

I’ve been to Croatia 4 times in the last 5 years and I’ve always thought that they have much more national pride and unity than we have.

Around Split there’s massive support for Handuk Split and for miles around even the bus shelters are painted in their colours and nobody from alternative teams tries to vandalise them.

The homeland war did of course polarise the country even further and the national pride in Croatia grew from that. There are many Croatians that lost parents and children in the war, something England supporters can’t thankfully claim.

I don’t think any Croat as any more pride than me but then again go to Firth park & ask the same question.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    I don’t think any Croat as any more pride than me but then again go to Firth park & ask the same question.
    Not sure of the political point you are making here, but no doubt there is one

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I’ve been to Croatia 4 times in the last 5 years and I’ve always thought that they have much more national pride and unity than we have.

Around Split there’s massive support for Handuk Split and for miles around even the bus shelters are painted in their colours and nobody from alternative teams tries to vandalise them.

The homeland war did of course polarise the country even further and the national pride in Croatia grew from that. There are many Croatians that lost parents and children in the war, something England supporters can’t thankfully claim.
    Can remember going to Elland Rd in early 70s to see Leeds v Hadjuk Split, Grist are Handuk their arch-rivals or is it the same team.?

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    Can remember going to Elland Rd in early 70s to see Leeds v Hadjuk Split, Grist are Handuk their arch-rivals or is it the same team.?
    Their arch-rivals are Banana

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast