+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The missing link

Agree Ponte
    Reminds me of the Flitcroft temporary success but in both cases we were found wanting
    In the second half we were totally outplayed & looked a spent force & as you say the stats don't lie Just how many passes back to our keeper did we make when we were pressed
    How can a nation of 4 million population outperform a nation of 65 million?
    It's probably a blessing in disguise as if we had made it to the final France would have wiped the floor with us
    As much as I am proud of our progess in the competition I think Southgate will not have success in the future & by success I mean winning summat
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 12-07-2018 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I've been saying we lack creativity all tournament. However, it was classed as being negative.
    On the contrary. Tha sez a lot o things mate, most on it ballax

No seriously Steve, there's plenty of positives for this team to take on. We all knew heart of hearts that we were light in midfield and I alluded to that fact in various posts before the tournament began but as you know, I'm a glass half full kind of guy. In simple terms- This England team has improved enormously from that Iceland debacle. We're heading in the right direction

Get Southgate out and bring in Jose Morais is my answer to it all. He has worked with top players and with Mourinho.

Believe!!

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    On the contrary. Tha sez a lot o things mate, most on it ballax

No seriously Steve, there's plenty of positives for this team to take on. We all knew heart of hearts that we were light in midfield and I alluded to that fact in various posts before the tournament began but as you know, I'm a glass half full kind of guy. In simple terms- This England team has improved enormously from that Iceland debacle. We're heading in the right direction
    Sometimes I like being pantomime villain Pass mate

Hate being reight, but knew we lacked that bit of guile n' spark when squad was anounced. Gutted like rest mate.

Being within touchin' distance can make you focus on negative though Pass.

I'm a glass half full type too but don't tell anyone

I think we need to cancel open top bus parade and focus on finding a creative midfielder and winning the Euros before Germany, Spain, Italy and Holland regroup.

Spot on.
    Great experience and ride but we lack creativity.
    Reminded me of when Greece won the Euros off the back of set pieces, they did nothing after that

Gotta love the Love train though

Quote Originally Posted by lk311 View Post
    Spot on.
    Great experience and ride but we lack creativity.
    Reminded me of when Greece won the Euros off the back of set pieces, they did nothing after that

Gotta love the Love train though
    Agree we were sussed art mate.

Sometimes I like being pantomime villain Pass mate

Hate being reight, but knew we lacked that bit of guile n' spark when squad was anounced. Gutted like rest mate.

Being within touchin' distance can make you focus on negative though Pass.

I'm a glass half full type too but don't tell anyone

I think we need to cancel open top bus parade and focus on finding a creative midfielder and winning the Euros before Germany, Spain, Italy and Holland regroup.
    Keep an eye on Jack Wilshere steve , the lads talented but had his share of problems at Arsenal .

Looking to see him as a big fish in a smaller pond at West Ham , the man so to speak .

I see a chance for this kid to kick on and get back in the England set up .

All down to him of course and be prepared to knuckle down and not settle for big wages v what it takes to be a Modric .

There lies the problem with many english footballers .

Sometimes I like being pantomime villain .
    “Oh no you don’t.....”

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    “Oh no you don’t.....”
    He's behind you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12