+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Name the manager who..

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Can't argue with you Tom as I don't really know what your point is. If you think it is acceptable that a footballing country of 54 million people and with a league that is arguably the best in the world is beaten by a team from a country of 4 million people, well so be it.
    I'm sure the Germany fans think the same when they got battered by Croatia and the population of there country is miles bigger than ours. My god get a grip we did well but just lack that little bit of quality to be top class. Proud of them but gutted at same time as if we had finished chances in first half we would be in final, that's football. Stop with the petty crap and support them in the next one if we get there.

Fine margins last night.
    If K ane and lingard take those easy chances it,s a fully deserved 3-0 lead at HT and it's a totally different HT team talk and they wouldn't have recovered from that.
    Ifs buts and maybes don't win the World Cup though.

Can't argue with you Tom as I don't really know what your point is. If you think it is acceptable that a footballing country of 54 million people and with a league that is arguably the best in the world is beaten by a team from a country of 4 million people, well so be it.
    The people of the Balkans are excellent at sports though, they're good at tennis, basketball and handball as well.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    The people of the Balkans are excellent at sports though, they're good at tennis, basketball and handball as well.
    Bit of a sweeping statement that given what comprises the Balkans. For example only half of Croatia is in the Balkans, whereas about 4 fifths of Greece is. Albania, Macedonia, Bulgaria and Montenegro are wholly in the the Balkans, but they don't have outstanding records in sports.

Quote Originally Posted by ThryberghMILLER23 View Post
    I'm sure the Germany fans think the same when they got battered by Croatia and the population of there country is miles bigger than ours. My god get a grip we did well but just lack that little bit of quality to be top class. Proud of them but gutted at same time as if we had finished chances in first half we would be in final, that's football. Stop with the petty crap and support them in the next one if we get there.
    When did Germany get battered by Croatia?

Bit of a sweeping statement that given what comprises the Balkans. For example only half of Croatia is in the Balkans, whereas about 4 fifths of Greece is. Albania, Macedonia, Bulgaria and Montenegro are wholly in the the Balkans, but they don't have outstanding records in sports.

And water polo, that’s why you see Croatian football fans wearing those red and white checked swim caps with the flaps on the sides

When did Germany get battered by Croatia?
    World Cup quarter final in 1998

Quote Originally Posted by hotun View Post
    His only plan worked for 45 mins and the game should have been over at half time poor finishing cost England,but after that he was clueless and let down by the fact that he did nothing till it was too late,think everybody who watched was screaming for changes but he did nothing,got no pedigree as a manager so what did you expect !!
    What changes would yoi have made?

. Names the same team regardless of how well they play
    . Plays the same tactics regardless of the opposition
    . Has no Plan B
    . Is a snappy dresser.

Clue: It's not Paul Warne.
    What would your plan B have been?

I think my point my friend is that sport is sport and you win and you lose but you try to do both with good grace.If "little" teams had no chance of beating "big" teams then why bother turning up.I cannot remember how many times we have lost to teams below us or in lower leagues but I accept it will happen and hope maybe we can do a Lincoln City and whap some premier teams in a cup run.
    Here,s hoping you enjoy the forthcoming season-I know I will!,no matter what the results.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast