+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Name the manager who..

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The players decided to play hoof ball in the second half , I'm pretty certain it wasn't Southgate's plan .

It was cringing at the naivety of it in all honesty .

Learning curve for Southgate too , Rose should have come on for Ashley Young much much earlier , he was dreadful in the second half .

I would have liked to have seen Southgate leave the dug out early in the second half screaming at the players to start playing football again .
    To be honest,I thought the opposite,we were at our best in the first half when launching it long for Sterling to chase,this at least gave them something to deal with,their goalie could have gone to the pub in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    To be honest,I thought the opposite,we were at our best in the first half when launching it long for Sterling to chase,this at least gave them something to deal with,their goalie could have gone to the pub in the second half.
    He did. Saw him sink 11 Gold Labels

Sterling has had dog abuse during this world cup, but it's plain to see that he was our creative player, always moving, creating space for others, a defender's nightmare, and it was no surprise that every time he wasn't playing the team stuttered and stalled, as soon as he went off last night Modric was rubbing his hands and ran the game henceforth, we shoved Rashford up top, Kane tiring, no one dropping in to challenge Modric, because of that, we resorted to hoofing it. That's where i think the lack of experience across the whole group cost us ultimately, from the manager down.

It was however a great ride and crucial learning experience for them all, here's to the next one.

Just been reading these posts and I am thinking that P.W. is going to get slaughtered next season no matter what he does!.I wish people would get it through their bone domes that their are very few EASY teams (if any ) to be found in the world cup.Saudi Arabia maybe but they were in Russias group(hmmm).England did well-end of-and if we do half as well against the cr@p teams that some people have already identified as not being up to our standard(ha) then I for one will be ecstatic.I know that I will now be educated by experts who will point out exactly where I am wrong--too late --my teachers.bosses and family got there first

Can't argue with you Tom as I don't really know what your point is. If you think it is acceptable that a footballing country of 54 million people and with a league that is arguably the best in the world is beaten by a team from a country of 4 million people, well so be it.

Is the answer Steve Evans?

Snappy dresser?

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Snappy dresser?
    His suits were tailored surely with the fitting that was snug surely?

So that's how football works. It shouldn't be what happens on the pitch, it should be decided by the population of the country.. I am really looking forward to China winning the next twenty World Cups without a ball being kicked.

I take it that you don't share my view that the "St George's Revolution", which began four years ago is beginning to bear fruit.

In my opinion Southgate has done a great job in uniting the team and the nation. A World Cup semi final and the armchair managers are out in force spouting their usual dim-witted clichés. "No plan B.......shud of changed it (the poor grammar reflecting the educational deficiencies of the said armchair experts"

The seeds are there as evidenced by the success of the age group England teams.

And in Southgate we have the right man at the helm to cement the progression from the age groups to represent England at full level.

So unless you are Pep Guardiola and not a typical 21st century armchair manager Patty Cakes, the future is bright.

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecarling View Post
    His suits were tailored surely with the fitting that was snug surely?
    If his suits were tailored it must have been by Zeppelin

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast