+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Softly softly

Softly softly

Middle of the road, hard as nails or horses for courses.

What route should a manager of a club our size take when it comes to discipline?

More than a few have struggled to keep a tight rein on things in the last few decades.

Probably our last disciplinarian was Knox and get the feeling NM was/Is trying to do the same without obviously offering any **** a square go.

It seems to me that the most successful route in the post Bosman era is getting players respect whilst blowing a bit of stoor up their collective arses....not that I agree with that....but.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Middle of the road, hard as nails or horses for courses.

What route should a manager of a club our size take when it comes to discipline?

More than a few have struggled to keep a tight rein on things in the last few decades.

Probably our last disciplinarian was Knox and get the feeling NM was/Is trying to do the same without obviously offering any **** a square go.

It seems to me that the most successful route in the post Bosman era is getting players respect whilst blowing a bit of stoor up their collective arses....not that I agree with that....but.
    In my opinion discipline should be dealt with ‘in house’ which prevents incorrect information being reported in the gutter press.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    In my opinion discipline should be dealt with ‘in house’ which prevents incorrect information being reported in the gutter press.
    Och wee a like a wee bit of gutter press....Freddy star ate my hamster....Hitler found on the moon....dab born to dab dad...Dundee man dies and pays for own funeral.

Where did we be without.

an easy ain
    what did jock stein / wee glum / sir eck all have in common,along with laying out discipline they also had their own back covered all the way from the boardroom to the training ground
    Last edited by shaded; 12-07-2018 at 04:04 PM.

I think you have to set an example, if you let big players away with lack off discipline, then you ain’t setting an example to other players, no player is bigger than the club, so I’d cut my loses

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)