+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Forget playing football at the Turf and lets sell all of our players. Fed up with the

Forget playing football at the Turf and lets sell all of our players. Fed up with the

Stupidly I thought we would get some business early. is year would be different. But how wrong could I be. It looks like we will again be signing the dregs/left overs. And although SD seems to be able to get the best of average players we are so slow to begin never mind finish our business. What the hell are our movers and shakers doing. Our squad is getting smaller and smaller without anything coming the other way. It is pathetic and no wonder the supporters get fed up this level of incompetence. The way we are going we might as well sell all players and forget having football at the Turf. Wake up and smell the coffee.

That's one way of looking at it Lancaster!

I prefer to think we will not pay extortionate amounts for average players. SD has pulled some fantastic rabbits out of the hat, hopefully he can do it again?

If you look at the squad realistically all we need are couple of reinforcements, nothing drastic required.

Phillips, Dawson and Rodriguez at the right money would do it, but that looks really unlikely.

I rather like the way SD sticks to his guns and will not have his chain pulled. I'm staying optimistic and patient!

Patience is a virtue ----sadly missing amongst many football fans, actually, on thinking further, it isn't just football fans, it is society in general which, these days, seem to want everything immediately.
    It isn't just a case of adding water and it happens and signing players isn't like you can do onn some computer game, there are many human factors involved and things have to fall into place.
    It would seem that our dregs and leftovers have performed quite well in the last few seasons so I shall exercise patience and wait to see what transpires. No stress for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Patience is a virtue ----sadly missing amongst many football fans, actually, on thinking further, it isn't just football fans, it is society in general which, these days, seem to want everything immediately.
    It isn't just a case of adding water and it happens and signing players isn't like you can do onn some computer game, there are many human factors involved and things have to fall into place.
    It would seem that our dregs and leftovers have performed quite well in the last few seasons so I shall exercise patience and wait to see what transpires. No stress for me.
    I agree with you to a point, but we are always last to the party some hints and rumours would at least lower the frustration levels. Most dregs from previous windows have done really well. I am not as patient as you I wish I was and I know we have no influence on negotiations but some level of activity would be helpful.

It could be worse --we could be like Chelsea

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44811843

I get frustrated as well, every summer without fail, but I can't bring myself to criticise a club that's just finished 7th in the PL on a fraction of what others spend. I just can't.

One high standard inbound imminent, according to a good "source"! Transfer record smashed too!

Fingers crossed on this one?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    One high standard inbound imminent, according to a good "source"! Transfer record smashed too!

Has this anything to do with Bartley to WBA BT, or from another direction altogether ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Has this anything to do with Bartley to WBA BT, or from another direction altogether ?
    It's no secret that both Dawson and Rodriguez want to come to Burnley. Our problem is that WBA hold all the aces and of course Rondon could be away as well.

The identity of the player to smash the transfer record is neither Dawson or Rodriguez, but from bitter experience it is better to wait and see!

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

Welcome Back Ross Wallace??

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)