+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Merino gone

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    He staaarted it !
    Don’t try and pull the wool over my eyes

In all seriousness Real Sociedad is only 50 miles from his hometown.
    To blame Rafa or not getting in the team as an excuse for him leaving is the easy option.
    He’s probably just hasn’t settled and been homesick. We sometimes forget that the professional footballers are all just kids and don’t always have the maturity that we do as adults (well most of us &#128518
    Let’s face it at 30 - 32 the majority of players are past it.
    When I think back to some of the decisions and mistakes I made at 21...
    Any how I think he will turn out to be a great player just a shame it won’t be with us.
    I wish him all the best for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by tooslomofo View Post
    To blame Rafa or not getting in the team as an excuse for him leaving is the easy option.
    He’s probably just hasn’t settled and been homesick. We sometimes forget that the professional footballers are all just kids and don’t always have the maturity that we do as adults (well most of us ��)
    Any how I think he will turn out to be a great player just a shame it won’t be with us.
    Rodger that.

Think there is a problem with him to be honest.Dortmund got rid,now he has left us.Bit of an attitude maybe.
    Most alarming thing with me though is the release clause.A regular occurrence under Ashley and Charnley.Its like nobody wants to come without one.Demba Ba left on a clause,Townsend left on a clause and now Merino.If there is any more I can't think of any.
    All down to Charnley and Ashley as it's well known the scouts and manager identify players then Charnley negotiates contract for the full deal to be rubberstamped by Ashley.Nothing to do with the manager.

rafa has a clause

noone has activated his

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    rafa has a clause

noone has activated his
    Have you seen his contract?Who told you?Do you have proof he has a clause?

pity you cant read and are just spoining every thread with an argument

everyone on here apart from you is aware rafa has a release clause
    keep up

thats twice you have been so ill informed to night
    anyone would think you were just trolling the boards looking for an argument
    trot on little troll get back under your bridge

pity you cant read and are just spoining every thread with an argument

keep up

thats twice you have been so ill informed to night
    anyone would think you were just trolling the boards looking for an argument
    trot on little troll get back under your bridge
    What the hell does spoining mean? If you mean spoiling. . . well you are the last person who can accuse another of spoiling threads with arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by tooslomofo View Post
    He’s probably just hasn’t settled and been homesick. We sometimes forget that the professional footballers are all just kids and don’t always have the maturity that we do as adults (well most of us ��)
    Think you're right. Think he'll go on and do well elsewhere, probably in Spain and i suspect he'll stay there for majority of his career.

keep up
    No it's all hear say and press speculation.Has anyone from the club including Rafa said he has a release clause.What I think you will find is,any manager can leave any club just by the new club paying compensation.The compensation is normally the remainder of their contract.
    Keep up.

Good riddance, didn't want to put the effort in. Could be a special player if he did.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)