+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Merino gone

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    No it's all hear say and press speculation.Has anyone from the club including Rafa said he has a release clause.What I think you will find is,any manager can leave any club just by the new club paying compensation.The compensation is normally the remainder of their contract.
    Keep up.
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    why stay when a manager who brought you here
    didnt even think you were good enough for the match day squad when fit

im sure to get him here rafa promised him the earth
    Once again you have turned a thread into " i dont like rafa" thread

Quote Originally Posted by ronandtet View Post
    Once again you have turned a thread into " i dont like rafa" thread
    Of course he feels that way

Look on RTG they all feel like that about Rafa

no I turned it into a merhino doesn't like rafa or rafa doesn't like merhino

I too don't like rafa as a manager
    but if he was playing me and supporting me when he wasn't I woukd stay

its ok for some to say oh hes left to be nearer home

no he has left as rafa dint play him despite spend loads on him and it being his signig

I didn't bring him here not play him and let him go

no he has left as rafa dint play him despite spend loads on him and it being his signig

Rafa did want him to stay but he wanted more game time,Rafa said I couldn't drop Diame and Shelvey as they were doing well and we were climbing the league.
    He had demanded a release clause before he signed so we could do nothing to keep him once clubs come in for him.

Keep up with the facts instead of creating scenarios in your imagination you plonker.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    Rafa did want him to stay but he wanted more game time,Rafa said I couldn't drop Diame and Shelvey as they were doing well and we were climbing the league.
    He had demanded a release clause before he signed so we could do nothing to keep him once clubs come in for him.

Keep up with the facts instead of creating scenarios in your imagination you plonker.
    if he wanted him to stay
    why when he was fit did he not even make the match day squad at times

if he wanted him to stay
    why when he was fit did he not even make the match day squad at times
    Aye.Okay then.Everything is Rafas fault.That Klopp at Liverpool must be a bad manager.What with Coutinho wanting to leave there last season.
    I can't believe Ronaldo left Real Madrid this year.Thought he would have left when Rafa was there,what with players not wanting to play for him.
    Do you realise how pathetic you sound.Even your only friend on the board left.Rafas fault I suppose.

The whole situation is a strange one.

Was he homesick, did he not fancy/wasn't suited to the Premier League, did Rafa get it wrong, was he homesick, did he not really fit our style?

As ever, the truth is probably a mix of all of those things. It's a shame because he looked really good when he did play before his injury and he was certainly highly regarded when we bought him. I hope he doesn't turn out to be another Thauvin, i.e. thrive at another club and have his value shoot up but it very much looks like the Colback situation-sell a midfielder (Cabaye) then get a free in as his replacement (Ki).

bull**** thats just a lame excuse to introduce anti rafa again - lots of players do it - ie gareth bale , danny drinkwater to name 2 so the,ve got bad managers then

Someone correct me if I am wrong.So according to the wise one.If a manager doesn't lick a players ar5e he is a bad manager.Let the players have their own way so they stay even if they want to leave.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)