Just watched Frank's most recent RamsTV interview on the OS. Cloud cockoo land or what?

Won't get tricked into giving a formation as he wants the squad to be able to play several different ones and even switch formation during games. What was wrong with good old Plan A?

He didn't actually say it in as many words but he seems to be thinking that is sensible to play the system that looks like being the best one against the opposition we have in that particular game. Sounds more like insanity to me. I mean what sort of idiot would ever suggest "Horses for courses" or tailoring your chosen XI to exploit the opposition's weaknesses or taking account of their strengths and acting accordingly. Is he really thinking team A will attack us down the wings and therefore I need to counter that while not reducing our own strengths? Rowett never did. Last season he said Wolves would try to get behind us down the wings and get crosses in. He was right, they did. Did he let that change his formation or players? No. he stuck to good old Plan A. I love consistency.

As for the squad.....

Olsson has a long term injury, which we all knew

Kechi picked up a groin strain in Tenerife but should be back before too long

Vyds and Coldplay are, apparently, suffering from strained transfer negotiations in, respectively, the groin and abdomen.

The rest are fit.

GT looks on it. Bennett is getting rave reviews at training from staff and teammates alike. he received similar from "outsiders" who saw him training in Tenerife. "On fire" is the description given. Will we finally see the transition from prospect to the real thing? I hope so. You all know I rate the lad more than most of you do. This season is, at Derby at any rate, last chance saloon for him. He will be 22 on Sunday. This season he needs to produce the goods on the park AND not pick up those niggling injuries that have plagued him so far.

This message brought to you by Tongue Somewhat In Cheek Productions based on a true interview to be found at https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2018/07/...e-trying-to-do