+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Trump out of here now!

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    No you can't trust a word he says can you ? He's probably the sort of despicable character who would tell students he was going to abolish their tuition fees, and then change his mind once they'd voted for him.
    Minor partner in coalition fails to get their full manifesto implemented shock.

I reckon many people look back on that Government and think it was a pretty good one when you compare it to our current one.

The Lib Dems were certainly a brake on the more barmy Tories at the time, and got plenty of their ideas through.

£10K starting rate for income tax (the Tories are claiming credit for this now), Pupil Premium (the Tories are claiming credit for this now), the Green Investment Bank (which the Tories subsequently sold off to a dodgy foreign company), a healthy pension rise and a triple lock on pension increases in the future (both the other parties were promising this for the previous few decades - but the Lib Dems made sure it happened) and loads more.

Check the link to find out more.

No, the Lib Dems failed to get the tuition fee thing through but credit where credit is due.

The Lib Dems won 57 seats, the Tories 306. Yet people still think the Lib Dems should have got their tuition ideas through.

What they achieved will be recognised one day.

https://www.markpack.org.uk/liberal-...on-government/

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    1959_60 --he is as you say, however, what is the point of worrying about what he may or may not do. There is absolutely nothing that you or I can do which will make a blind bit of difference to Donald Trump --unless you are planning to waste him!
    In all honesty, whoever is pulling his strings will be keeping an eye on his progress, along with other leaders and should he step out of line too much for their liking then he will be disposed of in one way or another.
    We are but pawns on this big chess board and possibly not even getting out of the box and onto the board.
    I realise that Supersub, but if the public doesn't vent it's spleen and just shrug it's shoulders then change won't happen.

He manipulates the media with his stunts and so he can't complain if his non-supporters use the same tactics.

He can do a lot of damage in the next 28 months....

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I realise that Supersub, but if the public doesn't vent it's spleen and just shrug it's shoulders then change won't happen.

He manipulates the media with his stunts and so he can't complain if his non-supporters use the same tactics.

He can do a lot of damage in the next 28 months....
    Do you honestly think that he takes any notice of silly demonstrations taking place nowhere near where he was, in fact, even if he was there it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to him.
    He is a bully who is used to getting his own way and if anyone stands in his way he will always try to minimise them in one way or another --you just need to look at those who have worked in government for him and then crossed the line --they have gone!
    No matter how many demonstrations we make here in the UK it will not worry him one jot because we have no influence whatsoever in what happens to Trump. It is his own electorate that hold the aces and they seem quite content to let him go along his own way.

He will be laughing at the way our government and opposition are completely at odds over Brexit and none of us can influence that either.

On another note did you hear about the people attending the Durham MIners' Gala yesterday who had been laying wreaths at the DLI Memorial and were then in the city flying a Union Jack on a pole they were carrying along with another gentleman carrying a Royal Standard?

http://altnewsmedia.net/featured/uni...-leave-durham/

But we are talking about the most powerful bloke on the planet.

Don't you find it a tad worrying?

Not at all 59/60, I love the fact that he has a sense of humour and takes great delight in winding lefties up. Perhaps I'm immune to him because I don't read, nor do I care, what he posts on twitter, and If I did I wouldn't be so gullible as to take it seriously. I really cannot work out you lefties, cannot you see when you're being played ?

Remember 12 months ago, the world was kacking it's pants at the prospect of nuclear war between N Korea and the USA, that madman Trump would have us all incinerated in the inevitable conflagration. Or so you lefties told us. Now North and South Korea are besties and so are N Korea and the USA. Well maybe not besties, but they're getting on fine and war is off the agenda. Your hero Obama couldn't even get close to achieving that, he didn't even try.

The Donald eh ?

I'd rather hear this from a more reputable source to be honest Supersub.

I'm not saying it's fake news but...

That's one of the things I was wondering OC.

We have decided to leave the EU so what can we sue them for as an alternative to negotiating?

And which court would hear the case? What would our complaint be?

Is anyone taking this idea seriously? Perhaps his advisers (Boris and Nigel) have dreampt it up?

"Donald Trump could be onto something when he urged Theresa May to try to sue the European Union to get a better deal for Britain as it leaves the European Union.
    Legal experts said the President’s exhortation to Mrs May during her visit to the White House in January last year to take Brussels to court was based on legal foundation.
    Much was made by the President about “the advice” he gave the Prime Minister when they met at Chequers on Friday. At their joint press conference, Mr Trump repeatedly referred to “brutal” suggestions he gave Mrs May.
    On Sunday Mrs May revealed that some of his advice was in fact to “sue the EU”.
    Martin Howe QC, a leading expert on EU law, said when Mr Trump gave the advice to Mrs May last year the UK could have taken action over the “phasing” of the talks.
    Britain then had just agreed to the EU’s timetable of agreeing terms on the bill to be paid to leave, the Irish border and the terms of the exit, before moving to future trade talks.
    Mr Howe said: “Quite serious legal commentators have argued that the phasing of the negotiations was contrary to EU law because Article 50 says the withdrawal agreement has to ‘take account of the framework for the future relationship’. How can you take account of that framework until you have talked about it?” But Mr Howe made clear that the only recourse for legal action would have been the European Court of Justice – making it in practice unlikely that this legal argument would have succeeded.
    Mr Howe said: “The other aspect where the EU could be sued is if they do things after we leave that are contrary to World Trade Organisation laws. That’s another area.”

OK ?

"Perhaps I'm immune to him because I don't read, nor do I care, what he posts on twitter, and If I did I wouldn't be so gullible as to take it seriously."

Then how are you qualified to make a judgement if you are not bothered about facts?

I see that he is preparing to meet Putin - another one of his mates along with N. Korea, Saudi and Israel.

Apparently his "foes" are Europeans, China, Mexico and a raft of "sh1thole" states.

But the public didn't vent it's spleen 59/60.

99.9% of them just got on with their lives as usual, leaving the children to throw their toys out of the pram and play with balloons.

Then how are you qualified to make a judgement if you are not bothered about facts?
    But I'm not making judgements 59/60, I'm just laughing at you lefties, while Trump plays with you like he would with a kitten and a piece of string.

Anyway, I forthwith nominate 'Get Trump Out of Here Now' for Thread of the Year. I haven't had as much entertainment since I watched the last episode of Peter Kay's Car Share.

I'd rather hear this from a more reputable source to be honest Supersub.

I'm not saying it's fake news but...
    I witnessed it with my own eyes --how much more do you want to know. It was kept well away from the general media, however, I have not checked to see if there has been anything else published.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)