+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Great day to be an arab

Oh and while it's positive news and glad his time has come to an end now it is also a shame how it turned out as up until January 2015, things under Thompson for years were very good, arguably no set of fans in Scotland had it as good as us between 2007-2015, we were even known to chant "one Stephen Thompson" just as we once did with Eddie

How it's turned out just hits home how much he messed up a good thing and undone most of the good, a disaster 3.5 years

Let's hope it is to be a positive new chapter

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Says Stoke who is looking for an argument and as per quite often, talking shyte and attention seeking

The only managers I've properly backed are Levein, Houston and McNamara, can stilll back that up to this day in many paragraphs for each (McNamara less than the others due to the last summer window he had)

Prior to those three I was one of the first calling for McCall, Chisholm, Brewster and since those three Mixu and even Csaba, McKinnon I thought deserved longer but didn't merit the backing of the other three

Now I should clarify after stokes misrepresentation that I'm happy with this news, however on the park is what matters most and I won't feel confident going into the league campaign until we sign a couple CB's, we ain't challenging with Frans as our only proper CB (Edge and Scobbie don't count, was hoping both would be gone), Murdo and Allardice makeshift CBs
    I get what you are saying and did post that. On reflection i think we are all rather chuffed and positive.

SRYB

Oh and while it's positive news and glad his time has come to an end now it is also a shame how it turned out as up until January 2015, things under Thompson for years were very good, arguably no set of fans in Scotland had it as good as us between 2007-2015, we were even known to chant "one Stephen Thompson" just as we once did with Eddie

How it's turned out just hits home how much he messed up a good thing and undone most of the good, a disaster 3.5 years

that is 100% true

Glad someone has a sense of perspective. So many short memories

Quote Originally Posted by Otm_Shank View Post
    Glad someone has a sense of perspective. So many short memories
    Nobody remember what Peter Houston said as he left the building?

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Nobody remember what Peter Houston said as he left the building?
    Peter Houston had very few attributes required to be a good manager.
    So he had a swipe at the chairman on the way out.
    No surprise really.

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    No surprise really.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    No surprise really.
    Lets not forget that he was told a plan which he didnt like and took the decision to leave. He was also in charge when we finished 3rd in the league and won the cup. The 2 seasons after that we were 4th in the league with better points than Sackies one 4th place.

Looking at what happened next and how we have made it here, you might say hindsight is a wonderful thing, but there are some arabs out there who listened to Houston at the time, they just didnt know the plan!

I took a bet with someone at the time, i just wish i had put money on it as some of it came true, then got worse!

PH reflected in CL's team for a couple of seasons & he left at the right time.
    A savage pay cut might have influenced his decision too.

Overall, I think the Thomson family probably invested and lost a lot of serious money on running United - perhaps we will never know the real fiqures, would be interesting to know, but we can only speculate.

It's a shame the way things worked out for all concerned, but football is a rough business with little loyalty when the going gets tough.

Moving forward, I don't think the new owners will have a significant amount of money to invest in the club and they will have little experience of running a football club - but lets hope they have a plan of action to get United back on track and competing in the Premier league.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)