+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jamal The Man For Leeds

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Does that matter?

We have a GK (so we believe), who will provide competition for BPF, good thing.

Everyone bangs on about needing another 5 - 6 ,new signings, are you all delusional? We can't go back to a 25 - 30 man squad, even if we have loaned out some of the stuff that accumulated last season, nor should we.

If what has been said of Bielsa is true, he will want to work a small squad hard. We have the makings of that (I've said on other threads we have the names), and if we need to get loans in to help make sure our permanent players get the TEMPORARY support they need (as in the case of BPF, who should have the No. 1 shirt by right), so much the better as the loans can f00k off back where they came from when they are no longer needed (isn't that what loans should be, temporary and used and disposed of?).
    agreed and Blackman and Baker are both good additions

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    By all accounts lash he is a very good keeper..mate of mine is a blade and he was impressed with his all round game.

One things for sure he will get tested with us!
    Heard same Rev and what bits i seen he is pretty good. A powerful dominant keeper is what we need. But i am really struggling to understand what the club is playing at with lack of signings.

Quote Originally Posted by lasher View Post
    Heard same Rev and what bits i seen he is pretty good. A powerful dominant keeper is what we need. But i am really struggling to understand what the club is playing at with lack of signings.
    Said it on another thread lash but it looks like Bielsa has been brought in to improve what we already have and that could explain the lack of signings..if that is the case then I fear this season will be a very tough one but to be honest I don't think Beilsa will stand for any bottle jobs like we saw last season.We could see some of the youth lads play a bigger part..well they might not have much choice the way things are shaping up with the lack of new faces!

Never a dull moment with us mate

On the bright side we will have 2 decent keepers for next season.

Said it on another thread lash but it looks like Bielsa has been brought in to improve what we already have and that could explain the lack of signings..if that is the case then I fear this season will be a very tough one but to be honest I don't think Beilsa will stand for any bottle jobs like we saw last season.We could see some of the youth lads play a bigger part..well they might not have much choice the way things are shaping up with the lack of new faces!

Never a dull moment with us mate
    We will indeed have 2 good keepers. I hope Bielsa can make a big improvement but think he is used to working with better players in less tough surroundings than the championship. I am always for the youngsters coming through but just cant imagine him getting us anywhere nea promotion. It really is a cunning plan from the board ! Did they invite Baldrick on to the board at some point !?

On the bright side we will have 2 decent keepers for next season.
    Until BPF leaves because it is clear he is not going to get the games with us.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Anything could happen joel (and it probably will knowing us) but he could get his chance due to injury or suspension etc.

Time will tell.

P.S. anybody heard if there are any 'marquee' signings on the way

Anything could happen joel (and it probably will knowing us) but he could get his chance due to injury or suspension etc.

Time will tell.

Man City are signing a few ......

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Last season he was a 3rd/4th choice, often loaned out keeper. This season he has a chance of fighting for 1st choice. Should be happy enough you would imagine.

Time will tell.

No news from Andrassys yet!😉

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)