+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Booking Fee? - only twitterers can have a vote.

Quote Originally Posted by salmagundi View Post
    On the official Twitter feed AH says it may add a small booking fee to online and telephone bookings. This would be unlawful. If a booking fee is charged it has to be charged on all bookings. So in effect this means all ticket prices, both home and away, will rise by 50p. If the booking fee is charged per ticket then this will also have to apply to any 'free' tickets purchased.
    Surely not, I travel on National Express in between airports and no booking fee is charged on tickets which are bought in their office but there is a £1 charge online and a further £1 charge if they send it via an SMS.

The new legislation came into force in January this year, although some companies took some time to get to grips with it.
    This is an extract from moneysavingexpert.

Companies may charge new service fees to ALL customers. Firms can do this as long as the fees apply no matter which method of payment you use. There's one big example of this so far – takeaway service Just Eat, which used to charge 50p for debit or credit card payments and has now scrapped that but introduced a new 50p service charge, which applies whether you pay by cash or card.

However since you are not actually paying for the 'free' ticket it might not apply.

Quote Originally Posted by salmagundi View Post
    The new legislation came into force in January this year, although some companies took some time to get to grips with it.
    This is an extract from moneysavingexpert.

Companies may charge new service fees to ALL customers. Firms can do this as long as the fees apply no matter which method of payment you use. There's one big example of this so far – takeaway service Just Eat, which used to charge 50p for debit or credit card payments and has now scrapped that but introduced a new 50p service charge, which applies whether you pay by cash or card.
    That was expalinable and justified as there are costs to companies for using credit cards, it's less explainable for cash payments, just another money making gimmick.

As a ST holder this wont bother me but as some will know I have been against change for changes sake all along & found some of the Ticket Office fiasco's amusing last season & can only imagine the response on hear if we charge extra for another untried system & if "falls over" now & again. Come on Alan admit you were mistaken & reintroduce a Well Policed cash POTD system ! you know it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    As a ST holder this wont bother me but as some will know I have been against change for changes sake all along & found some of the Ticket Office fiasco's amusing last season & can only imagine the response on hear if we charge extra for another untried system & if "falls over" now & again. Come on Alan admit you were mistaken & reintroduce a Well Policed cash POTD system ! you know it makes sense.
    Agreed. I thought when we went for the cashless system it would lead to automated ticket scanning on entry, which would save on money paid to turnstile operators. Instead we still have someone operating the turnstile, but they scan barcodes instead of taking cash. It seems we've managed to piss a lot of people off (some very long queues for tickets at 2:50pm last season) for no real gain.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123